Aft vs Mini Suite

lubyshell

We just booked a mini suite on the Epic for next spring, my question is do i stick with a mini suite or go for the Aft balcony, price difference is dollars, literally, we have stayed in a mini suite before on the Gem but have never stayed in an Aft Balcony, just curious as far as pros vs cons with both rooms.. Thanks

I would choose an aft facing balcony, one of the corner ones on decks 8 through 11. The corner ones have bigger balconies than the other afts. 8 is above some public areas, so I'd go with 9, 10, or 11. They are next to the "secret stair" area, a large alcove with side facing windows. Unless the mini suite has some fantastic bath and that is important to you, I'd go with the balcony. There are a couple aft facing minis on each deck, but they are all accessible cabins or I would have booked one.

I would choose an aft facing balcony, one of the corner ones on decks 8 through 11. The corner ones have bigger balconies than the other afts. 8 is above some public areas, so I'd go with 9, 10, or 11. They are next to the "secret stair" area, a large alcove with side facing windows. Unless the mini suite has some fantastic bath and that is important to you, I'd go with the balcony. There are a couple aft facing minis on each deck, but they are all accessible cabins or I would have booked one.

We just switched to a corner aft facing on deck 10 for the Epic in March, thanks for your help and we are looking forward to it...

I would love to try an aft, and would take an aft balcony over a mini for the experience, if given the chance.

Otherwise I would stick with the mini vs. a balcony on the side.

In looking at the deck plans and the booking engine of available cabins, I don't see that the 'corners' are cabins...For example on 10, the two outermost aft facing cabins are 10317 and 10318 - but they are not in the corners.

Are these the cabins you're referring to?

• 3 weeks later...
In looking at the deck plans and the booking engine of available cabins, I don't see that the 'corners' are cabins...For example on 10, the two outermost aft facing cabins are 10317 and 10318 - but they are not in the corners.

Are these the cabins you're referring to?

.....since Kristin never got an answer.

:confused:

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

Aft.

Thanks siora, but the question is about the corner aft balconies on decks 8-12. Whether the examples were ones to op was talking about.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Thanks siora, but the question is about the corner aft balconies on decks 8-12. Whether the examples were ones to op was talking about.

wasiii

The initial question was does the Op stick with their mini suite or go aft balcony and to list the pros and cons since OP has never stayed in an Aft. Punkiincc is the person who brought up the corner afts on deck 8-10. Why don't you just focus on yourself and your own answers. I was answering the original OP, not the other person who asked another question.

Edited by Siora7777

The initial question was does the Op stick with their mini suite or go aft balcony and to list the pros and cons since OP has never stayed in an Aft. Punkiincc is the person who brought up the corner afts on deck 8-10. Why don't you just focus on yourself and your own answers. I was answering the original OP, not the other person who asked another question.

Sorry if I got your grandma panties in a bind Siora7777, please accept my humblest of apologies, for what, I don't know but please accept them anyway. It will make me feel good.

:D

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

Not to hijack but aft or spa mini suite?

I would take the aft and buy the spa pass for the week, which is exactly what I plan on going. Don't expect an answer from Siora7777 sine this was not an original question.

wasiii

Edited by wasiii

To answer the last questions asked, yes, 10317 and 10318 are the "corner" afts.

The open space you see in the corners on the deck plans are the "secret stairs" with the huge stair well with several open windows facing out to the sides. I mentioned it in my response to the OP. We were in there a few times, and never saw anyone else.

• 3 weeks later...
To answer the last questions asked, yes, 10317 and 10318 are the "corner" afts.

The open space you see in the corners on the deck plans are the "secret stairs" with the huge stair well with several open windows facing out to the sides. I mentioned it in my response to the OP. We were in there a few times, and never saw anyone else.

Rather than posting same photos in two different threads here is link to thread where I posted photos of 10318 balcony and "secret stairway" next door.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090863

We have done both - not in the Epic.

After finally doing an aft, we prefer the sides of the ship, especially the little extra room in a mini - especially those that have the curtain on the Jewel Class.

Just us. As you can see above, most prefer the aft cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

So yes, based on the above I did book the corner aft balcony with our friends next door.

Large price drop so I reached out to my TA and instead of OBC, NCL has offered the upgrade to the MA category mini suite.

Not sure this is really an upgrade based on the comments here...

Any thoughts, considering they're the same price? I'm inclined to stay put in the AFT but wondering other's opinions...

thanks

Kristin :confused: