Webster or Alvin Pre-Cruise

gotolv

We're traveling to Galveston from the Dallas area in September and will be picking my daughter up at Hobby Airport. We're trying to decide if we should stay pre-cruise at the Holiday Inn in Webster and go into Galveston from I-45 OR stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Alvin and go in from Highway 6. We normally stay in Galveston or Texas City but I can get three rooms in Webster or Alvin for the same amount of IHG points as two rooms in Texas City. Both hotels get good reviews and appear to be about the same distance to/from Galveston but I'm not familiar with Highway 6. Which option would be the best? Are there better options? Thank you.

It will be easier to stay near 45, plus there are more restaurants. The Holiday Inn Express in Alvin looks very nice. It's next door to the LaQuinta where I stay occasionally. It's a quiet area but it doesn't look like there are many places to eat nearby, other than fast food. The HI in Alvin is right on Hwy35 just south of Hwy 6. If you did stay there, the easiest way to get to Galveston would be to go north on 35 to FM 517, then take 517 east to 45. FM517 is just a little bit north of Hwy 6 .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would stay in Webster as is easier to get to coming from Dallas offers more if you need last minute forgotten things or places to eat Alvin is a really rundown town with not much to offer a traveller IMO I lived there and we would always head to Webster

Thank you for the information. We've decided to stay in Webster. It's a little farther than where we normally stay and I was a little concerned about traffic. There had been an accident I45 the last time we cruised out of Galveston and people said it took forever to get there. We'll just get up earlier. Thank you.