Carnival Liberty

bigeagle12

Thanks for the info.

We have enjoyed all the cruise lines so far and actually Princess is our favorite followed by RCI.

We are easy to please and looking mainly for rest and relaxation.

Have done a lot of research on the ship and from the feedback so far on these forums .. I think we will enjoy ourselves.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by bigeagle12

I have been on both RCCL and Carnival. They are so similar. You will like the Liberty. It is my favorite ship of all. My second is RCCL's Navigator.

There are some entertainment differences but the food is more similar than different in the main DR.

One thing I love about Carnival's Liberty is all the free choices for lunch. The Mongolian Wok, Guys Burgers, the Blue Iquana Camtina, Fish n Chips, Deli are all free and a great alternative to the buffet.

Also, the omelette station in the mornings and the Blue Iguana Cantina's breakfast of burritos or my favorite, the hueveros rancheros and arepas.

I think there's so many meal choices that's free you don't have as many crowds, etc.

Also, there's the Punchliner Comedy Club, the Piano Bar and the Alchemy Martini Bar.

I think you will like Carnival. And that 8 day is an itinerary we hope to do some day, naturally on Liberty.

We loved the Liberty when we sailed with her 2 years ago. The many FREE dining options were great. The comedy club is wonderful. Other entertainment is not as good as RCL, but we always had fun things to do. We also loved the Alchemy Bar.

We just sailed RCL and it was a wonderful cruise (older ship), but we felt the cost cutting measures even more than Carnival. We had a hard time finding options to eat late night (RCL's pizza was awful). We much preferred the food on Carnival MDR. The presentation and taste we felt was superior on Carnival (subjective obviously). Oh, and the way they handle the beach towels on RCL drove me crazy! And they were disgusting looking. On carnival they give you your beach towel in your cabin and you can exchange whenever you want. And they're nice ones!

You will have a wonderful time! That itinerary sounds incredible!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My parents prefer Princess and NCL. Got them to try Carnival for the first time on the Liberty and they loved it and have said they would go back on Carnival but NCL or Princess is still their first choice.

If you like the itinerary I think it would be worth it to you to try Carnival out.

We just got off 8 day on Liberty, Fish and Chips was great, make sure you stop there, wait staff was overwhelmed on our trip,long wait time for drinks and room service, I had better on the Dream:eek: the people at Guys Burgers were very stingy with the fries, everybody in line while I was there had to keep saying, "a little more fries please" but there was nothing that was bad enough to make me say never again, you cant beat their deals.

This is great info ... I am getting excited.

Is the Deli part of the Lido buffet?

Do they have eggs Benedict for breakfast in either main dining room or buffet?

We have sailed on the Crown Princess and on the Liberty and I honestly have to say I prefer Carnival over Princess.

Don't get me wrong, Princess was wonderful, but I loved that Carnival offered the serenity for free and princess didn't.

Also Carnival has a great variety of foods available all day. The lido buffet, guys burgers, the deli, magnolian wok, pizza, blue iguana taco bar for breakfast and lunch!! etc... you get my drift. Princess just can not compete with this. I do think that the dining room food on Princess is a step up but there are still a great number of choices on Carnival that leave me on every night with trouble deciding what to order. I would not hesitate to recommend you to try the Liberty!!!! We had a cabin aft on the Empress Deck. It was balcony #7434 and it was one of the "bowling alley" balconies and we loved it!

I have cruised with Royal on six occasions and very much enjoyed the experience, but being a "solo" cruiser RCL has raised their rates so high for us "solos", that I decided to give Carnival a try. Well I'M glad I did! Much more bang for the buck! Larger rooms, better prices, love the comedy shows and a much more diversified crowd. Been on the Carnival Liberty back in April of this year and then the following month. I was so impressed with that ship I'm back on it in 10 days for an eight day cruise! Go for it, you won't regret it!

The deli is on the Lido deck in the restaurant area, but is a window thing on the port side of the ship.

Eggs Benedict is available everyday in the MDR - not sure about the buffet and they are great. If you are eating in the buffet for breakfast, be sure to check out the made to order omelettes and the breakfast burritos from Blue Iguana. Both are fantastic. Just make sure you do not take any scrambled eggs. They are horrible. I do not know how one can consistently make such bad scrambled eggs, but they do.

I love the Liberty - we have sailed her twice and would happily do so again.

IMHO the omelets from the Windjammer are far superior to the omelets on Carnival Liberty. I thought Liberty's omelets were downright awful. I thought that last September but I tried them again last month, twice, and they were still awful.

MDR has eggs Benedict every day, both port breakfast days and for brunch sea days. Hint-order your sauce on the side so you will get one that is fresh, rather than one that sat under a warmer.

IMHO the omelets from the Windjammer are far superior to the omelets on Carnival Liberty. I thought Liberty's omelets were downright awful. I thought that last September but I tried them again last month, twice, and they were still awful.

Best omelette so far goes to Celebrity. They have a great omelette bar.

I'll have my first chance to try Celebrity's in November on Reflection.:)

We enjoyed Celebrity. We went with 2 other couples and enjoyed it .. although I am not sure we would go if it was just the wife and I.

The food was good .. specialty restaurants excellent .. entertainment ok. No poolside bands .. tended to have solo performer, duets, trios, and quartet dance band .. and no piano bar.

Rooms and bathrooms were fantastic. The ship was beautiful but the layout was different. Bars and lounges really weren't separated from the flow of the ship.

We are in our late 50's and like an active ship with lots to do into the wee hours of the morning. Was just a little too subdued for us. But did not feel like we were in an old folks home .. like we did on HAL.

If you like an active ship I can't see how you could ever go wrong with Carnival...It can be as active as you need it to be (for me) or as laid back as you want it to be (for my sister whom I cruise with often). I think you will enjoy the Liberty very much

Just my 2 cents, but this is just a general comment since I haven't sailed on Liberty, yet:

bigeagle12, I've sailed RCI twice and Carnival 4 times (plus 1 Celebrity). Oasis was my best cruise ever. But Triumph (my first cruise, 2008) was a very close second.

The worst? Allure. That 7-day cruise was a combination of the loudest/most crowded and most blah week I've ever spent at sea. Food and dining service (in general and specifically) was third-rate, and if they don't feed you right, IMHO, that can easily discolor just about everything else. Johnny Rockets is one of the very few things I care to remember about that ship (I mean, other than the fact that it was a cruise!).

Back to Carnival, a ship-to-ship comparison from my own experience: Liberty is longer (same width) with fewer passengers and more crew than Triumph or Sunshine, according to the info I've found. Triumph and Sunshine appear to be the same ship, per specs, but I've sailed on both (when Sunshine was still Destiny, and Triumph 6 years ago): In short, Destiny ranked as the most claustrophobic cruise I've been on, while Triumph was pure pleasure, spacious, warm and friendly from bow to stern. The most critical differences (as I remember) were staff, dining, and entertainment directors. Other than that, I really can't explain why Triumph seemed much bigger than Destiny/Sunshine.

So the whole point is (in case I really have to say it), it's not nearly just the ship that makes the cruise, it's the whole package put together. I've been on 3 cruise lines, 2 of which are supposedly more "upscale" (or whatever) than Carnival, but Carnival is still very high on my shopping list.

Hope you enjoy your sail on Liberty and I'll have my eyes open for your review, please? I've got Liberty in my sights for our next cruise in the fall.

-John

We just got back from sailing on the liberty and this "was" my favorite ship until this last sailing. Grant I love cruising and would do it again tomorrow, but I found that the change in menus, penny pinching, sales pitches, rude service, and weird sewage smells from my toilet and shower drains would not bring me back to this ship. This was my 9th cruise with carnival by far the worst. I am going to try RCI or Norwegian the next time I cruise only because I have only done Carnival and want to see what other companies have to offer. Good things, Cory the cruise director was top notch and by far my favorite CD.

My family sailed on Liberty thanksgiving 2012 and loved it! We sailed on Enchantment of the Seas before that, and loved it! Definitely check out the fish n chips on Liberty for the bouillabaisse, yum yum!

We are booked for an Aruba cruise on Liberty this January, so I am hoping you will write a review!

Have a great cruise!

Guys Burger Joint FREE and Fantastic. Johnny Rockets on Royal. Costs extra and tastes like crap.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

Not a big Johnny Rockets fan either .. looking forward to Guys burgers.

Can someone tell me what the grill is by the aft pool?

Ok, so it looks like Guys Burgers are at the entrance to the buffet. The deck plan show a grill by the aft pool .. what is this?

I only saw that grill open once and that was late at night. They weren't grilling anything it was just cookies and some kind of cake. The 24 hour pizza is on the other side. You'll also find self serve soft serve back there and a bar.

I only saw that grill open once and that was late at night. They weren't grilling anything it was just cookies and some kind of cake. The 24 hour pizza is on the other side. You'll also find self serve soft serve back there and a bar.

Thanks.

Heard the pizza is good .. I hope it is similar to Princess.

Ok, so it looks like Guys Burgers are at the entrance to the buffet. The deck plan show a grill by the aft pool .. what is this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/quote

they have pizza to the right of the aft pool (looking aft) and a grill to the left where they made the most wonderful late night paninis (sp?). I spent many a midnight there having a snack.