A few questions, please help!

tlynnm

We are going on the QE2 and have a few questions. How many formal nights on a 12 night cruise? What do the women usually wear? Can you tell me about the Princess Grill? How is the seating and food? How are the P2 cabins? Also please let me know if there is anything I need to know before sailing? Thanks

Hi there, If you get hold of Cunards brochure for 2006 and turn to page 117 you will be able to work out which nights are which. From past cruises with Cunard we have found that most so called casual nights turn out to be informal. My good lady prefers longish skirts which can be used with a variety of tops. We are on QE2 in Sept to the Med and have been upgraded to Princess Grill for the 1st time so are looking forward to the experience. Perhaps we can compare notes when return. Enjoy QE2. Cheers BERPAT:) :) :)

Hello,

Having dined in the Princess Grill only on 1 night during my QE2 cruise last month (I was in the Queens Grill) I can say that I was very impressed and thought the room itself was much nicer than the QG Rest. with very good sea-views - I was dining with friends from the QG Rest. and we had a very good table right next to the window.

The service is very good as is the food - in fact there is not much difference between the QG & PG quality of food. Admittedly you do not have such a wide choice re the a la carte menu but you can order off menu anyway and a glass of Champange in the PG Lounge Bar is the perfect prelude to a very enjoyable meal in the PG Grill as is the QG Lounge Bar. You also get an amuse-gueule in the QG Restaurant at the start of the meal which I did not get in the PG Restaurant - if anything the service in the PG Grill is not as attentive as the QG Restaurant but as I was only in there for 1 night & it was the last night of the cruise it is a bit fair to judge this on just one meal! I will have plenty of time to see how good it is on my next QE2 trip on a 20 night trip next Sep in the PG Restaurant.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

RJMS74:

Was Andrew the Maitre d'hotel in QG? We had the pleasure of his company in PG two years ago.

TYLMN:

The only negative I can think of is the scrambled eggs are powdered, so if you prefer fresh eggs and select scrambled, you must ask for them.

Archived