Aft extended balcony cabin on Valor??

hagges

The aft balconies are wonderful. If you don't like lots of sun, they may not be for you. There is very little shade back there. But, to sit and watch the wake following the ship, with lots of room to spread out, seems well worth it to me. Some people have complained there was soot, from the diesel smoke, on their furniture in the mornings, but I never had that problem. I really think the location is great. Whatever you decide, have a fabulous cruise.:D

We had an aft balcony on our last Valor cruise. We didn't really care for it much. Some however love them. Reasons:

1. always sunny and hot with not much of a breeze

2. people on decks above us could look down on us

3. cruise so port intensive we didn't use the balcony as much as we'd like also due to reasons 1 & 2

4. where as the view is amazing you only get to see ocean when at the ports

5. we were on upper deck (6) and the noise from below us kept me awake until 3am almost every night.

We did however enjoy the extra space, having our breakfast from room service almost every morning on the balcony.

We love this cruise out of PR...and we'll be doing it again. Next time it will either be an inside room or possibly an oceanview. Again since it was so port intensive (which we loved) we really didn't use the room/balcony much except for sleeping/showering/ and a few other things ;)