Help with disembarkation from Wonder/Miami

sampup333

I have only cruised RCI before, but have booked a 5 night on the Wonder out of Miami. We are flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. We will have a private transfer pick up our group (of 8, including 4 kids) and take us to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. My question is what is a realistic time to expect to be off the ship (I know there can be extreme situations, etc.). But, we would rather get a mid-day flight and avoid lots of airport time with 4 kids under 6! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by sampup333

I have only cruised RCI before, but have booked a 5 night on the Wonder out of Miami. We are flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. We will have a private transfer pick up our group (of 8, including 4 kids) and take us to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. My question is what is a realistic time to expect to be off the ship (I know there can be extreme situations, etc.). But, we would rather get a mid-day and avoid lots of airport time with 4 kids under 6! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would say 8 am to 9am, I have not cruised in/ out of Miami with DCL but the port set up is similar to any other and all DCL cruises I have been on have a window of getting off between 7.30 and 9.00am.

Any flight past Noon should be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

I totally agree with the above--any flight noon or later should be safe.

Normal disembarkation is at your pleasure any time between 7:30 and 9:00. You do have an assigned breakfast time (based on your dinner seating) but if that does not suit your schedule, there are other options for breakfast.

As you noted, things do happen that can delay disembarkation. These delays are caused by US Customs, not by DCL. Yes, I was on one cruise where the "big doors" of the Magic did not open till well after 9, but in those circumstances, DCL is well aware that everyone is stressed and does everything possible to get you out of the terminal as quickly as it can happen. And even then, a flight at noon or later is fine.

My suggestion with a group of 8--don't plan to be the first off and don't plan to be the last. Off the ship at 8:15 or 8:30 with your transportation pick up at 9 should be great. This prevents stress going thru the Customs line (no one is worried about being late!) Your car will typically arrive early, but if not, you'll have only a few minutes waiting for your driver.