Did prices go up?

EasyBreezy83

I haven't been on the carnival website for a few months.. I went on this am and it seems the prices went up. Am I wrong, or just remembering the prices incorrectly? :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

nobody can answer that. it depends on the date, ship, and how that sailing is doing. if you're looking at a particular cruise, then maybe it's booked to a higher capacity and is now charging higher prices. there is no general yes or no there are too many variables.

what exactly are you looking at?

I agree, it depends on what category and ship you are looking at. The prices fluctuate, depending on the demand. Overall, I believe I'm paying close to the same (or even a little less) than I have for the last 3 years. Just keep looking and I'm sure you'll find a rate that pleases you.:D

Looking at Bahamas and Caribbean. Just in general. Not that I'm saying the prices are outrageous, I just thought I may have remembered them being a tad cheaper the last time I was looking just a few months ago. Wanted to see if anyone noticed, or if I just remembered wrong. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

You are correct. They have slightly increased.

I was considering booking but unfortunately am really on the fence...plus the solo rate sale they had earlier in the year really spoiled me. I'm used to finding booking anywhere between $47 to $65 a day.

This time I can't seem to find one less than $100. :(

I have been monitoring prices for a couple of cruises for future booking, one in November 2014 and another in October 2015. Those prices have remained constant for the last month. No change at all. I was hoping to catch a nice decrease.

Last week on our cruise the cruise director said that Carnival will no longer be offering deep discounts on last minute sailings. He said there will be a base price that they will not go below which may very well leave cabin empty but they feel it is preferable to having passengers wait until the last minute to book. He said they would be making offers like onboard credit or cabin upgrades etc through the VIFP club more often though.

We are doing the same NYE cruise as last year except on the Pride this time (Legend last time). Same cabins 8K. Our initial booking prices went up $130 pp for the upcoming cruise and last year we got a price reduction of another $115 per person so at the moment, our upcoming cruise is $245 pp more this year from last. I'll have to keep watching for that price drop!!

I booked a New Years cruise in Jan for this coming Dec embarkation. I know that the holiday cruises are popular, but the category we booked 7 months ago (balcony) has gone up more than $500 per person..

I am glad we booked it when we did, because I probably would not be going if I was booking at today's price.

We have gone on 2 cruises in January but this coming January is a lot higher than previous years. You would expect the same cruise in August would be higher than Jan., but actually I found rates about $500 less for the same balcony this August. We booked early saver about 5 weeks ago and I am really hoping the rates will go down. We paid $600 less for a spa balcony 7 night cruise in May than we will be paying on an 8 night lido deck balcony in January. Definitely higher prices on future cruises!

I have been checking every day for the last few weeks. The prices go down and then they go up but not across all categories at the same time.

Just today, the price for my Cat 1A has gone up while the price for a cove balcony was now cheaper than a Cat. 1A. I switched my Cat 1A for a cove balcony for $260 additional. I am solo in the cabin. I am paying $800 give or take for an 8 day cruise solo in a balcony cabin. Never caught such a deal before.

I check every day. It only takes two minutes to do a mock booking to get a price.

Not sure what will happen to the prices as sail date gets closer.