Bermuda and Tenders

marnie2005

Booked on the October 17 th cruise to Bermuda from Boston...does anyone know if we will be docked for the 3 days in the same location ...will tenders be required? First day in port we are the only ship. 2nd day there is another cruise ship in port .

Booked on the October 17 th cruise to Bermuda from Boston...does anyone know if we will be docked for the 3 days in the same location ...will tenders be required? First day in port we are the only ship. 2nd day there is another cruise ship in port .

No tenders...you're docked all three days.

There are no tenders in Bermuda! Walk off and on the ship as much as you want.

The ship docks at the Royal Naval Dockyard and stays there for the three days in Bermuda.

Edited by sugarnyc

No tenders. The other ship will dock at the other pier.

One time we were delayed on the Dawn due to a hurricane by a day so Captain Bengtson stayed overnight tuesday and tendered into Hamilton on Wednesday as Star took over Heritage Wharf .

I did ask Captain Holmquist last Saturday July 12th at the M&G why they did not tender once again last week when they where late again because of hurricane off Boston and stayed over Tuesday July 8th and left Wednesday morning instead of tendering giving passengers only two days in Bermuda .

Much to my disappointment the captain said it was to much trouble . :eek:

Edited by biker@sea

One time we were delayed on the Dawn due to a hurricane by a day so Captain Bengtson stayed overnight tuesday and tendered into Hamilton on Wednesday as Star took over Heritage Wharf .

I did ask Captain Holmquist last Saturday July 12th at the M&G why they did not tender once again last week when they where late again because of hurricane off Boston and stayed over Tuesday July 8th and left Wednesday morning instead of tendering giving passengers only two days in Bermuda .

We passed Dawn sailing out on Wednesday morning July 9th. I was half asleep on our balcony with my son watching Breakaway pull into Bermuda. Forgot all about Hurricane Arthur and said, "Why is Dawn still here??".

Good times :)

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Not to necessarily defend the action, but I'm wondering if what he referred to as "too much trouble" was the multitude of problems caused on the island after that event. I recall reading news articles in the Bermuda newspapers, where many of the locals were outraged that they were not given the opportunity to provide tender services. They cast blame on Norwegian for cutting into their profits, accused them of using "Cabin Stewards who have no idea how to operate a boat" and many other ugly accusations.

It lasted several weeks, and there was a considerable amount of ill-will over the whole thing. Perhaps that played a part in his decision to simply remain docked overnight, and then return to Boston directly.

All that aside, what I really want to know is - other than the invisible Concierge you mentioned in another thread - did you have a fabulous time? :D

Not to necessarily defend the action, but I'm wondering if what he referred to as "too much trouble" was the multitude of problems caused on the island after that event. I recall reading news articles in the Bermuda newspapers, where many of the locals were outraged that they were not given the opportunity to provide tender services. They cast blame on Norwegian for cutting into their profits, accused them of using "Cabin Stewards who have no idea how to operate a boat" and many other ugly accusations.

It lasted several weeks, and there was a considerable amount of ill-will over the whole thing. Perhaps that played a part in his decision to simply remain docked overnight, and then return to Boston directly.

All that aside, what I really want to know is - other than the invisible Concierge you mentioned in another thread - did you have a fabulous time? :D

We always have a great time . It is weird to see the Rhode Island ferry working in Bermuda .

Last time we tendered to Hamilton NCL did use the Bermudian ferry ship to tender as she carries 700 passengers .

Edited by biker@sea

We always have a great time . It is weird to see the Rhode Island ferry working in Bermuda .

Last time we tendered to Hamilton NCL did use the Bermudian ferry ship to tender as she carries 700 passengers .

Glad you had a great time... not that I thought for a minute you wouldn't. :D

The Rhode Island Ferry is working in Bermuda? I had no idea. When did that happen? I know it wasn't there when we were last there in 2012.

I remember that they did use the Bermudian for tendering - and even that caused a host of complaining among the local tour operators, who were outraged that the Bermuda Govt. allowed it to be utilized, rather than turning business over to the locals. (one thing's for sure... no matter how it's handled, there'll be folks in Bermuda who will write letters protesting the way it was handled) :p