Grand Pinapple Beach or Jolly Beach Resort

rotty2

Could someone please give me an opinion on which resort they think is the better one ; the Occidental Grand Pineapple Beach or Jolly Beach Resort? They both are $45.00 for a day pass. I was just trying to find out from people who have visited Antigua if one was much better than the other to spend the day at. We are primarily interested in the beach, and we will have 3 teenagers and a senior with us. Thanks

We were at the Grand Pineapple last year (have not been to Jolly). The beach itself was very nice (white sand and aqua blue water) however the wind at times was pretty bad and the water was much too choppy to snorkel or do much of anything. Also, the food that was included for the $45 was way below average and sitting out where bugs (and there were several) could get into it. I had called ahead and made arrangements for the day there, but when we got there they tried to tell me that they were sold out. I had to talk to the manager just to let us in. All drinks were included, which was nice, and the pool area was small but nice. I don't think I would go back there again, but we had an OK time. I have heard that Jolly is nice and might try that next time. I also think there is a Sandals on the island also, but not sure. Hope that helps.

Both similar. The Snorkeling off the rocks on the Windward side is better at Pineapple, but the long beach at Jolly may be more what you are after. Certainly more lively at Jolly as well for your teens. For a really good hotel day pass tho, check out Curtain Bluff hotel. Will be way more expensive but worth it. Ask what's included though.

the truth is...we already booked day passes at pineapple beach for this december. then i read the prior post and got concerned. so when "antiguan" suggested curtain bluff...i took a shot. thanks for the info. i guess we'll stick with pineapple beach and hope for the best.

Archived