Christmas Activities

Our family is taking a 4 night cruise this December on the Imagination. While we were looking at some videos on You Tube we saw some Christmas activities, especially with the kids. Some of the videos were older, so we weren't sure if this is still something they may offer. Is this something we might have on our cruise as well? Thanks!!

I've cruised on Carnival several times over the Christmas holiday. I've never seen Christmas activities, but they do decorate the ship and will have a traditional Christmas dinner on Christmas day. The only time in my experience of cruising over Christmas of anything more was when I cruised on Holland America and they had Santa land on the ship to visit the kids. Many of the staff that wear white uniforms on Carnival will have their families on the ship and you will see them eating Christmas dinner with their families.

We sailed on the Imagination before Christmas so I can't speak to activities, but the ship was nicely decorated. There was garland strung across each deck in the atrium and I believe there was a tree and a pretty elaborate gingerbread display.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They had a "Christmas" show when we sailed on the Fascination, although the avoided the word "Christmas" as if it was the F word. The Fun Times mentioned a "very special holiday show, featuring season's songs and the appearance of a very special character" (yes, Santa :rolleyes:).

I understand trying to be politically correct and not trying to offend anyone, but give me a break!

They had a "Christmas" show when we sailed on the Fascination, although the avoided the word "Christmas" as if it was the F word. The Fun Times mentioned a "very special holiday show, featuring season's songs and the appearance of a very special character" (yes, Santa :rolleyes:).

I understand trying to be politically correct and not trying to offend anyone, but give me a break!

Thank you all for your responses! Tapi, this sounds like what we saw on YouTube. It looked like kid singing CHRISTMAS carols. I also prefer to call it Christmas instead of the very generic, pc "holiday". Hopefully they will do something like this when we sail. Thanks again!

We sailed over Christmas and the ship was decorated beautifully. They had free champagne as we boarded and a lovely Christmas dinner. They had a Christmas show with a santa, dancers in holiday outfits, and music. At night they had Christmas caroling in the atrium with fake snow coming down on everyone. It as quite special.

We sailed over Christmas and the ship was decorated beautifully. They had free champagne as we boarded and a lovely Christmas dinner. They had a Christmas show with a santa, dancers in holiday outfits, and music. At night they had Christmas caroling in the atrium with fake snow coming down on everyone. It as quite special.

Wow!! That sounds amazing!! Thank you for that information.