Just booked airfare..Delta.com good deal?

jjdmom8

Current price on AirTran is $105 to Miami and $59 return Miami to Atlanta for travel into Sep. Do watch your flights on Delta and lately any airline, especially when they file Chapter 11. Usually some flights are cancelled or rescheduled. Yes, you did get a bargain fare.

Gotta just hope that doesn't happen with this one. I prefer Delta but willing to fly any air lines if the price is right. If they reschedule or cancel flights do I get a refund or am I just out of luck?

Gotta just hope that doesn't happen with this one. I prefer Delta but willing to fly any air lines if the price is right. If they reschedule or cancel flights do I get a refund or am I just out of luck?
\

No, you won't get a refund if they reschedule or cancel the flight you booked. If they do cancel that flight, they will put you on another one. If the new flights or times don't work well for you, call their customer service and talk to them. They may be able to put you on better flights, possibly without a fee, since the change will be their fault not yours.

Air tran had that same $59 each way from Atl to Mia also and I almost booked it. Only thing I didnt like was the flight times coming home. Only one to choose from was leaving Mia after 3 pm. On Delta our time is 1pm....

If that Delta flight was $138 taxes included, you did better than the AirTran $59 each way.

When I booked our flights for January, I priced Delta, Northwest, and AirTran out of Flint Michigan to LAX. NW and Airtran were about $350 round trip. Delta was $195 round trip. Lucked out when we booked that, since days later, Delta was back up into the same range as the others.

If that Delta flight was $138 taxes included, you did better than the AirTran $59 each way.

When I booked our flights for January, I priced Delta, Northwest, and AirTran out of Flint Michigan to LAX. NW and Airtran were about $350 round trip. Delta was $195 round trip. Lucked out when we booked that, since days later, Delta was back up into the same range as the others.

Hi DanJ. I haven't talked to you in a long time. :) I noticed you fly out of Flint, MI. Is it much more beneficial to use Flint rather than Detroit?

Beth

I booked out of Flint based solely on price. At the time, as I said above, Delta out of Flint was more than $150US per person cheaper than DTW. I figured that was enough of a savings for 4 of us to forego a non-stop flight on Northwest. Plus, as I discovered about 15 years ago when I took a wrong turn out of the Pontiac Silverdome, and ended up in Flint instead of Port Huron, it's the same distance to Flint as it is to Detroit for us. Plus parking is a lot cheaper in Flint, and it's a much easier looking airport to deal with (at least, based on the pics on the net). I was referred by someone on here who uses Flint all the time.

\

No, you won't get a refund if they reschedule or cancel the flight you booked. If they do cancel that flight, they will put you on another one. If the new flights or times don't work well for you, call their customer service and talk to them. They may be able to put you on better flights, possibly without a fee, since the change will be their fault not yours.

Yes they will give you a refund if they change your flight. There is a little know rule (some rule 42 or something like it) they must refund your money even if they change your times by a few minutes. Last year Spirit Air changes our flight time and when I called Expedia they told me the rule and that Spirit must refund my money. Now it took several weeks to get my refund but I got it. I am not sure how it works with bankrupt airlines

I booked out of Flint based solely on price. At the time, as I said above, Delta out of Flint was more than $150US per person cheaper than DTW. I figured that was enough of a savings for 4 of us to forego a non-stop flight on Northwest. Plus, as I discovered about 15 years ago when I took a wrong turn out of the Pontiac Silverdome, and ended up in Flint instead of Port Huron, it's the same distance to Flint as it is to Detroit for us. Plus parking is a lot cheaper in Flint, and it's a much easier looking airport to deal with (at least, based on the pics on the net). I was referred by someone on here who uses Flint all the time.

Since I don't live all that far from you, I'll have to keep Flint in mind in the future. Next time, we're flying out of Buffalo. Anything has to be better than Toronto. And a lot less expensive too.

Beth

Flint's about a 2 hour drive from London. I think you live in the Kitchener area, right? So add an hour. I just checked United out of Buffalo, and it's about 50 bucks cheaper than the current Delta price out of Flint. I was very close to booking on them, which would have also given me Air Canada points, and better planes to fly on, when it was suggested I look at Flint.

Yes they will give you a refund if they change your flight. There is a little know rule (some rule 42 or something like it) they must refund your money even if they change your times by a few minutes.

The rule you are referring to is rule 240 you can read about it here.

http://delta.m7z.net/delta/delta/pdfs/contract_of_carriage_dom.pdf

D = Doesn't

E = Ever

L = Leave

T = The

A = Airport

The rule you are referring to is rule 240 you can read about it here[/font][/color].[/font]

Thanks for that info, I knew there was a rule but I couldn't remember the name of it. We are ready to book our flight for our next cruise so I want to keep that info handy in case we get out flights changed again. :)

Archived