VIFP Help!!

chr1zis

I am missing a cruise on my VIFP History that I took back in 2005. The addition of that cruise would give me 10 cruises before the 12/31/13 cut off date which should result in me getting bumped to Platinum status. It is a little aggravating that I did not notice this earlier because my last cruise I took in 2011 should have been my first cruise under Platinum status. :mad:

I spoke with a representative over the weekend (Saturday afternoon) and she submitted a request online to have that cruise added (I provided the Booking Number, Sail Date, Ship) so they should have all possible information needed to find and add that cruise to my history. She also submitted the request for me to be bumped to Platinum status once the cruise has been added to my history.

My concern is that I leave on a cruise this Saturday and I am worried this process may drag out. I REALLY want to get this issue resolved by then so I can receive my Platinum status by the time we check in. I have called the 888.227.6482 number and spoke to a representative but they were unable to help. They kept saying that the past guest group (the group that processes the form submissions) are the only ones with information about previous cruise bookings. She also said that she had no contact information for me to contact them directly to try and expedite this process.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before? I am hoping to find a direct phone number to the past guest department to help me out! Like I said, I really hope I can get closure by the time me and my wife leave Saturday on our 5 year anniversary cruise.

Thanks in advance!!

I am missing a cruise on my VIFP History that I took back in 2005. The addition of that cruise would give me 10 cruises before the 12/31/13 cut off date which should result in me getting bumped to Platinum status. It is a little aggravating that I did not notice this earlier because my last cruise I took in 2011 should have been my first cruise under Platinum status. :mad:

I spoke with a representative over the weekend (Saturday afternoon) and she submitted a request online to have that cruise added (I provided the Booking Number, Sail Date, Ship) so they should have all possible information needed to find and add that cruise to my history. She also submitted the request for me to be bumped to Platinum status once the cruise has been added to my history.

My concern is that I leave on a cruise this Saturday and I am worried this process may drag out. I REALLY want to get this issue resolved by then so I can receive my Platinum status by the time we check in. I have called the 888.227.6482 number and spoke to a representative but they were unable to help. They kept saying that the past guest group (the group that processes the form submissions) are the only ones with information about previous cruise bookings. She also said that she had no contact information for me to contact them directly to try and expedite this process.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before? I am hoping to find a direct phone number to the past guest department to help me out! Like I said, I really hope I can get closure by the time me and my wife leave Saturday on our 5 year anniversary cruise.

Thanks in advance!!

My sister was missing several of her cruises that would make her Gold on our upcoming cruise next month. I logged into her account online and added the missing cruises, along with calling the main number, and speaking to a representative. The problem was corrected immediately. I did have all her booking numbers, different VIFP numbers, along with who sailed in the cabin with her, and the itinerary. It doesn't take them long to correct it as long as the information you provided is accurate. You information should be corrected by your cruise. My sister noted that when she boarded their cruise last month, the check-in desk, and guest services had all her different VIFP numbers and sailings in the system, even though it was missing in her online profile on carnival .com. Hope everything works out, and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the response sjcruiser.

The representative I was speaking with earlier was attempting to help by searching my name/birth date because she mentioned that sometimes the VIFP gets messed up and they just need to merge the numbers.

However, she was unable to find that information in her system. The cruise I took back in 2005 was with my parents and 2 siblings. The cruise is listed on both of my parent's VIFP history, but not on me or my siblings' VIFP histories. Very very odd...

Since she couldn't locate the information she needed, she said that it would have to be handled by the past guest department (since they have more detailed information about previous cruises, etc). Unfortunately she said she had no contact information to contact the past guest department directly (I find this hard to believe...).

I guess at this point if I can't find any contact information for this "past guest department", I am playing the waiting game in hopes they get to my request before my cruise on Saturday...

Edited by chr1zis

i would call and follow up again.. i was in the same boat (pun intended) before this last cruise.. they had to add a cruise i did in 1997 on the jubliee and was not showing on my VIFP profile.. took a couple tries because i also had problems logging onto my profile when i first booked my splendor cruise.. they will make it right.. just stay on top of them.. i would.. no way i would let my platinum status slip by!!!!!! sorry you are having rough time getting this taken care of.. :-/

i would call and follow up again.. i was in the same boat (pun intended) before this last cruise.. they had to add a cruise i did in 1997 on the jubliee and was not showing on my VIFP profile.. took a couple tries because i also had problems logging onto my profile when i first booked my splendor cruise.. they will make it right.. just stay on top of them.. i would.. no way i would let my platinum status slip by!!!!!! sorry you are having rough time getting this taken care of.. :-/

Thanks for the message. Did you just call the normal Carnival help line phone number? Or did you have another number you tried?

We were missing both of our previous cruises. My wife had the booking info from both and submitted it online. Checked the next night and they were there.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

I had a similar thing happen to me on my last cruise.

I was given a blue "first timer" card along with my 7 month old son. It turns out it was because it was my first time on Carnival after changing my maiden name to my married name. I should have been gold. I also got no help when I contacted carnival via the 877 number. It was suggested to me on a FB Carnival group to go on carnival.com under the forums there and go to the "Carnival Assistance" subgroup. Title the post Mary or Michelle- VIFP assistance.

Post your situation, with your cruise history and VIFP number. Mine was fixed and changed within a day.

I had a similar thing happen to me on my last cruise.

I was given a blue "first timer" card along with my 7 month old son. It turns out it was because it was my first time on Carnival after changing my maiden name to my married name. I should have been gold. I also got no help when I contacted carnival via the 877 number. It was suggested to me on a FB Carnival group to go on carnival.com under the forums there and go to the "Carnival Assistance" subgroup. Title the post Mary or Michelle- VIFP assistance.

Post your situation, with your cruise history and VIFP number. Mine was fixed and changed within a day.

Thanks for the suggestion! I went over to carnival.com message boards and posted to the subgroup you suggested. Hopefully they will respond quickly, time is running out :)

I was unable to correct my problems before sailing (I should have been gold and was still missing enough to get me there). I went to guest services on the ship and they were able to fix it for me. I know it would be better if it were corrected before sailing but try guest services if it is not. Congrats on Platinum! Maybe someday I will get there!

Wanted to give a quick update.

I posted on the Carnival Funville message board (Looking for Carnival Assistance sub-board) as it was suggested above in this thread. Mary was VERY quick to respond to my post and was able to resolve the issue in a few hours.

I received my Platinum status in time for my cruise this weekend!

Thanks for the help!

Wanted to give a quick update.

I posted on the Carnival Funville message board (Looking for Carnival Assistance sub-board) as it was suggested above in this thread. Mary was VERY quick to respond to my post and was able to resolve the issue in a few hours.

I received my Platinum status in time for my cruise this weekend!

Thanks for the help!

I was discussing this issue with my PVP. He said anyone should be able to resolve this problem. He also gave me an extension where one could get this help if no one else could do it.

It give me a warm fuzzy feeling to know you got this taken care of in time.

Doc