Tell me about the ship Glory

txjudy54

We just returned from an Eastern Carrabean cruise on the Glory. It was wonderful. From the food,to our balcony room, to the ports of call. We have cruised 4 times and this was our favorite all around cruise. We are planning a trip next year with our children. We are planning on cruising on the Glory again.

ooooooo going to subscribe to this thread.. going on the glory next may! :D only 298 days to go!! lol

This question probably shows how "technologically challenged" I am.....BUT, how does one "subscribe" to a thread???

We did the western Caribbean this past April. We loved the ship! Guys Burgers were as good as everyone said they were and there was never a line. The cruise director was fabulous! I loved his "Good morning....I said a good morning...I said a good good morning" every day. The food was okay but this was due to the new menus. I didn't care for them and actually had a night that I couldn't find something I liked and we skipped dessert one night also. We found the crew very friendly. The ship was clean but did show some wear and tear but it never bothered us.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. We are booked again on the Freedom in November. This will be our 3rd trip with her and probably the last since she is being moved :(

This question probably shows how "technologically challenged" I am.....BUT, how does one "subscribe" to a thread???

Go to the top of this posting where it says thread tools. If you click on it there is a drop down where you can subscribe to the thread. Hope this helps :D

I sailed on the Glory last October out of Norfolk, and it was my favorite ship I've been on yet. It was also my wife's favorite. Between the two of us, we've been on 20 cruises with Carnival, Holland America, Celebrity, Princess, and Royal Caribbean.

The overall design of the ship was excellent. I love the "stadium style" open top decks in the middle of the ship. It also caters to very different personality types well. There were areas that were loud and vibrant and always hopping with dancing, music, and crowded; there were also quiet, peaceful places where you could stretch out with a book and watch the sea go by.

Although the Glory only has one waterslide, it was a blast! If you launch yourself out of it fast, and keep your body straight, you can practically fly through it. (People who do this wrong actually got stuck and had to push themselves down, slowly.)

The food was excellent. We went pre-American Table, so can't comment on that. But the MDR was very good. The Lido was a cut above normal Lido food we'd experienced on other ships. BlueIguana Cantina was our favorite breakfast spot, because it was a little different, less crowded, and delicious. Also, if you have trouble finding a seat at lunch, go up to the deck above the Lido, aft. It's where the Fish & Chips counter is. That area never got crowded.

The shows weren't our cup of tea, but seemed very well done.

I'll be on the Liberty next month, and am super excited, since she's the same class of vessel as the Glory!