Confused On Price Drops/Matching...Please Help!

ginak82

I have an inside cabin on Lido booked Early Saver on the Breeze for the September 21st, 2014 cruise. I paid $399 pp with taxes and fees around $170 pp. It seems like tons of people are getting price drops right now therefore receiving OBC but I just can't figure it out. This is only my 2nd cruise and I didn't even know you could price match last go round but if I can receive some OBC this time I'd love to do it but I'm so confused.

Can anyone help me? Please? :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Am I looking at the total price when I pm or just the room price excluding taxes and fees? If it's just the room price then it's higher but if I include the taxes and fees then it's lower.

Well that's a different one. Sounds like taxes have gone down. So if you keep it the same rate and you never have a price drop, then the new amount will be given to you when you get on the ship as OBC. I would leave it the way it is since your rate is already lower now. Taxes can fluctuate many times between booking and sailing.

How much difference are we talking about?

Am I looking at the total price when I pm or just the room price excluding taxes and fees? If it's just the room price then it's higher but if I include the taxes and fees then it's lower.

You'd look at the room rate only, no taxes or fees.

Well that's a different one. Sounds like taxes have gone down. So if you keep it the same rate and you never have a price drop, then the new amount will be given to you when you get on the ship as OBC. I would leave it the way it is since your rate is already lower now. Taxes can fluctuate many times between booking and sailing.

How much difference are we talking about?

About $240 in taxes between my two rooms I have booked.

Edited by ginak82

Ok so if that amount goes down below what I originally paid then I would qualify correct? Right now it's still about $200 more than what I paid so I guess I got a good deal when I booked.

Are you sure? Are you not factoring in prepaid gratuities or something on the new rate that you're looking at?

Crap. You're right. I forgot all about prepaying my gratuities. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Sorry to be a pain. Thanks for your help :)

Ok so if that amount goes down below what I originally paid then I would qualify correct? Right now it's still about $200 more than what I paid so I guess I got a good deal when I booked.

Yes. You would qualify for the lower price up to 2 days before sailing. I originally booked my upcoming Glory cruise as a solo in a 1A at $459 and now it's down to $389. Doubtful it will go much lower, but I can only hope! Gotta love Early Saver!

Crap. You're right. I forgot all about prepaying my gratuities. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Sorry to be a pain. Thanks for your help :)

You're very welcome. Not a pain at all! That's what these boards are (supposed to be) for - to help people.

You're very welcome. Not a pain at all! That's what these boards are (supposed to be) for - to help people.

I love these boards! They are so helpful but I rarely chime in or ask questions because some people are not so nice. I see you pretty often and you are always extremely nice and helpful even when you get flamed. Thank you! :)

I love these boards! They are so helpful but I rarely chime in or ask questions because some people are not so nice. I see you pretty often and you are always extremely nice and helpful even when you get flamed. Thank you! :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You made my night :D I try to be as helpful as I can and I can take the heat! Feel free to email me if you ever have any questions via the little "Y" at the top corner of my posts. Some people on here are just, well, I don't have words for them. I'm a no nonsense type of person and don't deal well with stupidity or pettiness. My mouth gets me in trouble sometimes because I tell it like it is. But I'm OK with that :p

Good luck on some price drops and let me know if you need anything. I have met some really great people on here and remain good friends with many of them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You made my night :D I try to be as helpful as I can and I can take the heat! Feel free to email me if you ever have any questions via the little "Y" at the top corner of my posts. Some people on here are just, well, I don't have words for them. I'm a no nonsense type of person and don't deal well with stupidity or pettiness. My mouth gets me in trouble sometimes because I tell it like it is. But I'm OK with that :p

Good luck on some price drops and let me know if you need anything. I have met some really great people on here and remain good friends with many of them.

Awwwww...thank you! Be forewarned, I will most likely take you up on your offer ;D

I've met some great people on my roll call for our sailing. I can't wait to actually meet them in person!

Awwwww...thank you! Be forewarned, I will most likely take you up on your offer ;D

I've met some great people on my roll call for our sailing. I can't wait to actually meet them in person!

Really, I don't mind. Cruising is my addiction :). I don't know everything, but I'll do the best I can to help.

I still talk to some people from my first Celebrity cruise back in 2008. There are a bunch of locals that went on the Glory out of Norfolk in May of last year and we try and get together every month or so. Some of us have been on 2 cruises together, and we're getting ready for the 3rd next year when Splendor comes here. This can be a great place. Ignore the bullies. You know who they are I'm sure.

Really, I don't mind. Cruising is my addiction :). I don't know everything, but I'll do the best I can to help.

I still talk to some people from my first Celebrity cruise back in 2008. There are a bunch of locals that went on the Glory out of Norfolk in May of last year and we try and get together every month or so. Some of us have been on 2 cruises together, and we're getting ready for the 3rd next year when Splendor comes here. This can be a great place. Ignore the bullies. You know who they are I'm sure.

That's so cool! It's so funny, there's a woman on my roll call that lives in a different town 10 minutes down the highway from me. I was like holy cow, what a small world. We're gonna make plans to meet up for lunch before our cruise.

I've taken note of the bullies and I steer clear lol. I just need September to get here already!

Actually you do have to look at the taxes and fees as they can and do go up from time to time. Ours went up for our Freedom October cruise which reduced the amount of the OBC we received for the price drop. They will look at the total fare when applying price drops. It still helped buy a couple drinks :)

That's so cool! It's so funny, there's a woman on my roll call that lives in a different town 10 minutes down the highway from me. I was like holy cow, what a small world. We're gonna make plans to meet up for lunch before our cruise.

I've taken note of the bullies and I steer clear lol. I just need September to get here already!

Have a blast! One of our original Glory cruisers is going on the Breeze in Sept I don't know which one, but he's Eng23. Just in case you're on the same cruise. Well have a good night. Glad we were able to figure out your dilemma! Email me if you want. Have a great night!

Have a blast! One of our original Glory cruisers is going on the Breeze in Sept I don't know which one, but he's Eng23. Just in case you're on the same cruise. Well have a good night. Glad we were able to figure out your dilemma! Email me if you want. Have a great night!

We are! I've chatted with Harold quite a few times. In fact, we inadvertently booked the exact same excursions for two of our ports so we're gonna be excursion buddies.

Thank you again for your help! Good night!

We are! I've chatted with Harold quite a few times. In fact, we inadvertently booked the exact same excursions for two of our ports so we're gonna be excursion buddies.

Thank you again for your help! Good night!

Cool. What a small world! We're hoping to all get together in the next couple of weeks since it's been a little while. Plus it's my birthday August 1 so we may have to do a little extra partying!

Cool. What a small world! We're hoping to all get together in the next couple of weeks since it's been a little while. Plus it's my birthday August 1 so we may have to do a little extra partying!

Have fun and Happy Early Birthday!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/#

This is the page to go to see what your current room rate is. It is the price of the room not the taxes and fees. Just need to know what the basic room rate you paid is and the category of the room. Like right now I look for the OV 6D rates to check mine. I have what I paid for all 3 rooms right on my desk and check everyday! :D

Actually you do have to look at the taxes and fees as they can and do go up from time to time. Ours went up for our Freedom October cruise which reduced the amount of the OBC we received for the price drop. They will look at the total fare when applying price drops. It still helped buy a couple drinks :)

That's exactly what I just dealt with. Our Victory cruise went down for the actual fare, but when customer service changed the rate, the taxes / fees went up so the total price was actually higher. I went from a paid off cruise to one that had a $3 and some change balance. It actually made no sense to me why they'd even change it and require us to go through a long process of changing it back.

Why not just give the difference in OBC and not deal with the taxes and fees?

I just looked, and the Fare Viewer says my room's category is $727 and my billing page says $777. But apparently the fees / taxes changed...has anyone had success in getting them just to issue OBC to get around the taxes and fees?

Edited by DirtDiver