NCL Dawn handicap cabins 10698 10700

CarolZaga

My husband who is disabled, my sister, and I are interested in a cruise on NCL's Dawn sharing one cabin. I researched the cabin deck plans and noticed that there is pullman bed for the third person for these cabins. A pullman would not work for us, so I was wondering if anyone could comment on the possibility of putting in a rollaway bed in these handicap accessible cabins. According to a travel agent I have been in touch with, this is not the case. Yet, when I checked photos of a similar handicap-accessible cabins on deck 9 (same layout as deck 10) it appears that there wouldn't be an issue putting in a rollaway bed. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.:)

I can't answer your question definitively, but NCL has a "special services" division. Can't remember the real name of it, but hopefully someone will chime in. They can answer questions and provide adaptive services for differently abled people. Secondly, have you seen the youtube video of a handicapped balcony cabin? That's what my parents had last year. If someone in that cabin used a wheelchair or walker and needed to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, a roll in cot might be perceived to get in the way. There IS a sofa in that cabin. I wonder if it pulls out into a bed?

Thanks for the info Meglet. I did contact NCL's Access office and the person I spoke to said that the cabins I indicated have pullmans from the wall, not sofabeds. She said that policy wouldn't allow a rollaway in the cabin. So, I am researching other cabin possibilities. I appreciate your response.

:)