Sun Obstructed OV, which one is best?

swansnz

Hi, I’m looking to book a 10 day cruise on the Sun, and might go for an Obstructed OV. There will be 3 of us in the room, so on checking the deck layouts, it looks like the best options would be D610 or D614 on port side, and D609 or D617 on starboard side, which are between the lifeboats.

I have seen a photo of D610 on Dawn, which I assume is the same or similar on the Sun, and it does not look too bad. I’ve not seen a photo of D614, or the other cabins.

Is anyone who has stayed in these cabins, able to say which would be best – D610 or D614 (or D609/D617 on the opposite side).

Thanks

Check out this fantastic website, put together by a CC member, with photos of nearly all the fleet's obstructed views. I've linked you directly to the page for 600-series cabins on the Sea/Sun/Dawn. Hope this helps answer your questions.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/dawn-sea-sun-princess/cabins-601--623

Thanks, that is a help.

Great site, that one.

• 10 months later...
Check out this fantastic website, put together by a CC member, with photos of nearly all the fleet's obstructed views. I've linked you directly to the page for 600-series cabins on the Sea/Sun/Dawn. Hope this helps answer your questions.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/dawn-sea-sun-princess/cabins-601--623

Hi,

I have booked Cabin D614 for the 2016 World Cruise from Sydney and would be interested to know if the bed in this cabin has the head to the side wall or under the OV window, is there any link that you know of to see cabin configurations, Thankyou. Di.

Hi,

I have booked Cabin D614 for the 2016 World Cruise from Sydney and would be interested to know if the bed in this cabin has the head to the side wall or under the OV window, is there any link that you know of to see cabin configurations, Thankyou. Di.

I don't know of such a site; I'm sorry.

But I did a little research and seeing that your cabin has extra bunks, I suspect that the beds will be under the window. And I did find this photo of a similar cabin, E344, which also accommodates 4 people -- you can see where the bunks come down from the ceiling. Your cabin will probably look identical. Hope this helps.

Edited to add: Sorry; the site must not allow links from where I found that photo. Try a google image search "bunks dawn princess" -- it was the first photo. You can tell which photos are cabins from the sun-class ships because they have 3-drawer nightstands; the other class ships have only two drawers. Sorry the photo link didn't work.

user_207_img_2879.jpg

Edited by rdsqrl

I don't know of such a site; I'm sorry.

But I did a little research and seeing that your cabin has extra bunks, I suspect that the beds will be under the window. And I did find this photo of a similar cabin, E344, which also accommodates 4 people -- you can see where the bunks come down from the ceiling. Your cabin will probably look identical. Hope this helps.

Edited to add: Sorry; the site must not allow links from where I found that photo. Try a google image search "bunks dawn princess" -- it was the first photo. You can tell which photos are cabins from the sun-class ships because they have 3-drawer nightstands; the other class ships have only two drawers. Sorry the photo link didn't work.

user_207_img_2879.jpg

Thankyou, I have now found a pic of the cabin, it is under the window. I was hoping for the other way but maybe too narrow for that. Pity the next best is so much more expensive.