Arubalisa a few more questions...

manateelover

Since we are in port from 1 to 10 pm, hubby thinks AI are too expensive for the limited time. So,what can you tell me about the beach area in front of Manchebo Resort? There is a beach bar, which we could have lunch...is the water as nice as in front of Amsterdam Manor(we went there last time) loved it, and had lunch at there beach bar restaurant. Hubby wants to try a different area. We will have the two boys ages 16 and 20 with us-they will be starving as usual, and will want to rent seadoo's too. are they available by Manchebo as well. What are your thoughts between the two areas-looking for clear water, seadoo rental, beautiful beach-not too crowded(we loved Amsterdam, but thought we may want to try something different) .Any suggestions other than Manchebo for about 4 to 5 hours on the beach with lunch let me know....BTW, I know the AI said 10 to 6pm, do they happen to adjust the time if a ship comes in later? I really did like the Occidental, but hubby thinks too short of time...thanks again!

I'm not Arubalisa but I do know a lot about Manchebo. We have stayed there four times, including last February. Manchebo does not allow people who are not staying at the resort to use their chairs or palapas. They have security who constantly watch the beach. They can tell when outsiders show up because they do not have Manchebo beach towels or wrist bands. I have seen them question and run off many people. Anyone is allowed to use the bar and eat lunch there. I often see cruisers there at lunch time. The beach there is wide and beautiful. There is a little shade, but not a lot. They do not rent any beach toys there. Just up the beach at Druif Beach, across from Divi Village is another wide, beautiful beach. There is a vendor there that rents chairs, umbrellas, wave runners, etc. There is plenty of space for everyone. The restaurants adjacent to this beach are for their all inclusive resort guests, but there are restaurants across the street at Divi Village, as well as restaurants just a short walk down the beach. There is a beach bar on the beach, located up the stairs, next to the snorkel shop. Another suggestion is MVC, Amsterdam Manor's sister resort. They are just up the street from Amsterdam Manor, on the same wide, beautiful beach. They rent chairs and palapas, and have a restaurant and bar across the street. Their is a lot of info about MVC on this board.

Edited by Hatteras51

Hatteras51 thanks so much for the info! I am so grateful for Cruise Critic and everyones wealth of knowledge. I will look into MVP resort. Where would you get off for a taxi for this area? So we could rent chairs and palapas for shade...and wave runners/sea doos are also available for rent on this beach...restaurant as well. Sounds like a good place. I will look into reading about the MVP, I was not familiar with it all. Do you think that stretch of beach is nicer than the Amsterdam Manor beach? Thanks again for your suggestions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030062

Above is some info about MVC. They do not rent wave runners, but there are some just a ways down the beach. If you decide to go there, have the taxi drop you off at MVC resort, or Tulip restaurant, which are across the street from the beach. The beach there is the same beach as Amsterdam Manor, and will look identical. The beach that I was referring to that rents wave runners along with chairs is Druif Beach. You would need to tell the driver to let you off at Druif Beach, across from Divi Village. This beach is also wonderful.

• 3 months later...