Cloud 9 Spa cabin amenities (Sunshine)

Tantra1

We have cruised on Carnival quite a few times. The last few years it has been on larger ships like Breeze and Dream and we booked the Cloud 9 Spa cabins. Since Dream is no longer at Port Canaveral the choice becomes a smaller ship, the reconditioned Sunshine. I see where they also have Cloud 9 Spa cabins for the same cost for upgrade but it doesn't seem to have the same amenities.

The following are the amenities with private entrances for the Cloud 9 Spa cabins only on the Dream but which ones are offered on the Sunshine?

1. 2 relaxation rooms with heated tiled lounge chairs.

2. 2 steam rooms - one that is scented.

3. A relaxation room with cushioned chairs and chilled lemon and orange water and tea.

4. A Thallasotherapy pool

5. Changing rooms with large showers.

6. Fresh towels available in all areas.

The cost to upgrade is the same on both ships but it appears there is less offered on the Sunshine.

Has anyone had a Cloud 9 Spa cabin that can enlighten me?

Cheers!

I just talked to my pvp about this and she basically said she wouldn't recommend a spa balcony on the sunshine. She said the spa isn't as high end as the newer ships and the money wouldn't be well spent. And no, It does not have a thallaostherapy pool. It has a steam room and treatment rooms. She said for the money they charge and it being a port intensive cruise it's just not worth it. Plus if you really want to go to the spa a charge for the day is only $40.

I was on sunshine in jan and bought the spa week pass, which was $119 for the week. I believe it was $200 for a couple. The difference is:

No t-pool

One warm relaxation room with heated loungers....another one has just heated benches, like steam rooms seating.

No special spa lockers rooms, just one set if very small locker rooms open for whole ship.

The relaxation room with waters is there, but not anywhere near as nice as pics I have seen...more like hard chair waiting room with water and tea available. This is often filled with people waiting for spa services.

I did enjoy the spa suite in sunshine, so much my next cruise is on p dream and we booked a spa room. I am excited to see how much I will like the extra amenities.

Edited by QTPie68

We had to book one bc we have three kids and needed an adjoining balcony. I'm not thrilled about the cost in relation to amenities.

I thought I read that a free exercise class is included. Is that true?

We have cruised on Carnival quite a few times. The last few years it has been on larger ships like Breeze and Dream and we booked the Cloud 9 Spa cabins. Since Dream is no longer at Port Canaveral the choice becomes a smaller ship, the reconditioned Sunshine. I see where they also have Cloud 9 Spa cabins for the same cost for upgrade but it doesn't seem to have the same amenities.

The following are the amenities with private entrances for the Cloud 9 Spa cabins only on the Dream but which ones are offered on the Sunshine?

1. 2 relaxation rooms with heated tiled lounge chairs. i only recall one room with the heated loungers

2. 2 steam rooms - one that is scented. yes to both

3. A relaxation room with cushioned chairs and chilled lemon and orange water and tea. i don't recall the chairs being cushioned.

4. A Thallasotherapy pool none

5. Changing rooms with large showers. yes

6. Fresh towels available in all areas. yes

The cost to upgrade is the same on both ships but it appears there is less offered on the Sunshine.

Has anyone had a Cloud 9 Spa cabin that can enlighten me?

Cheers!

I was upgraded to a spa cabin from an inside guarantee. Would I have paid for the upgrade? Maybe if I had wanted a balcony room. In your cabin you also have the upgraded robe, slippers, and the spa lotion, shampoo, conditioner and soap. When you pick up your band, you're given a complimentary small jar of a sugar scrub to use.

Is the spa small? Yes. Did I use it much? No. But I thoroughly enjoyed by cabin and location. Do I normally use the spa services on any ship I sail? Not so much. YMMV.

Thanks everyone. Your descriptions are what I thought it would be like. Certainly not worth the extra expense.

The last 3 times we cruised on Carnival we had a Cloud 9 Spa cabin because the Dream was close enough for us to drive a few hours and it had a nice Spa package that was a nice value for the money.

Now that there are no longer Carnival ships with the same amenities out of PC I don't think we will be considering Carnival anytime in the near future. Sad. We have been to the Caribbean a few times so it doesn't hold much interest for us and we only cruised for the Cloud 9 Spa on the Dream. We enjoyed all those facilities everyday but the cost of the cruise with the spa package on the Sunshine just doesn't come close to the same value.

Since Carnival doesn't cruise out of Europe either I guess we will be spending our dollars and time with Celebrity. Maybe when the day comes that Carnival builds another ship we will cruise with them again when it does the "shake down" cruises in Europe.

Cheers!