Viking Christmas Market 2 for 1 in 2015

capricorncruiser65

Earlier in the year, I noticed that the Viking Christmas Market cruise was 2 for 1 pricing in 2014 and 2015. When I looked again the other day, it wasn't 2 for 1 in 2015, so I called. The agent who answered said "there will be other discounts next year, so if you want 2 for 1 you have to book this year." I also noticed that the airfare doubled in price, when booking for next year.

I am wondering if the 2 for 1 will come around for next year, for those who have experience with the Viking line. That maybe it's too early?

A friend did the cruise last year, and didn't book until August of the same year.

You do realize it's not really 2 for 1??? The price you are seeing IS the per person price..... This has been discussed at length on these boards. Viking and others are using this as a marketing "tool" they hike the price (for example ) to $10,000 per person, then slash price to $5000 per person and that's where the 2 for 1 comes from.

Start researching the other cruise lines pricing for similar dates and itineraries. You can find what you are looking for and some good deals. As to airfare, as those flights are not available to purchase thru the airlines yet it's just hard to say what the airfare will actually cost 18+ months from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Obviously I did not realize this, thus my question. I searched all over trying to find any sort of information, and didn't see it. So, thanks for your reply.

The agent never mentioned this when I spoke to her. And, my friend who took the cruise this past December, told me it was two for 1.

Well it is, kinda.... When you compare comparable cruises across the board comparing itineraries and catagories of cabin they are pretty similar.

There are of course some great deals on occasion for off season cruising. But for now go onto all the major Rivercruise websites and order up brochures. Figure out what you think you want.

Welcome to the River Boards!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last year there were some really great deals on Viking for the Heart of Germany Christmas Market cruises. I think the price was about the same I had been seeing all year, but they were offering free airfare. This year I was hoping that the same would be offered, but all the Heart of Germany cruises that are also Christmas Markets appeared to have sold out.

We did sign up for Romantic Danube for this holiday season, but I think the price was about what is always is. The lower priced cabins appeared to have either sold out, or are selling out quickly.

However, $695 for R/T airfare to Europe IS a great deal, so I am happy with the price paid.