Prepaid Gratuities? - Carnival Pride

Been a few times, loved every one, can't wait to go on Aug 3rd!

So I'm doing the online check-in, and it mentioned something about PrePaid Gratuities. Nothing specific, no amounts, nothing really. Not knowing what it was, I skipped it, thinking that gratuity had always been added onto my S & S card within the first few days of the voyage. When I logged back into the online check-in, there's no information about this to be found, so I call their CS, who said I must be mistaken as there's no way to prepay your gratuity during check-in. I'm certain I saw this (or something closely related). Would there be any advantage to prepaying your gratuity? Is CS wrong? Am I just being a nut?

Any and all help or advice would be most appreciated. Thanks :)

We prepaid gratuities during booking so we can pay it off the credit card before we go. For me, it's part of the cost of the cruise, so paid it when I paid for the cruise.

Don't think there's an advantage, per se. Just a preference. It'll make our S&S bill look lower.

! Welcome to cruise critic , Snortingriffon! We also agreed to pay for our gratuities before sailing. I don't think they charge your card until you sail. My booking does not indicate a charge for this yet.

We are also on this sailing, and can't wait. We are looking for someone to get out on that Serenity early to reserve seats for us. If you are interested in helping us out , let me know. We pay big bucks!

By the way, love your username. :-)

! Welcome to cruise critic , Snortingriffon! We also agreed to pay for our gratuities before sailing. I don't think they charge your card until you sail. My booking does not indicate a charge for this yet.

We are also on this sailing, and can't wait. We are looking for someone to get out on that Serenity early to reserve seats for us. If you are interested in helping us out , let me know. We pay big bucks!

By the way, love your username. :-)

When you "pre pay" gratuities, it is done at the time of booking. The amount of the gratuities is added to total amount you pay and owe before sailing.......so when you get on the ship they are already paid for .....thus being called "pre-paid".

Your booking does indicate the amount you owe for these "pre paid gratuities", it is grouped with your taxes/port fee amount and indicated per person.

Since it is already paid for and added in to the total you owe on "final payment" date prior to sailing, it is NOT put on your sign and sail card when you board the ship. Hope this helps.

I used to prepay my gratuities, but since I get OBC for each cruise now (shareholder OBC), I wait and use this for the gratuities. Any amount left over is just charged to the card during the cruise.