Family Oceanview Freedom - must have 5 pax?

So I called yesterday to get a quote for my husband, 4 year old and 1 year old in a family oceanview - but were told we must have 5 people to book it. However this morning I was surfing around, and a family oceanview came up for my dates, even though I had only been searching for 4 guests, so I put it on a 24 hour hold!

However, it is on deck 2 - 2268 - and I am just not keen on staying so low. I have googled and googled and googled and no good pictures of these specific rooms. Anyone ever stayed in 2268 or 2568? Should I just be thrilled I have it and get my deposit on it asap? Can they take it from me or switch me even after I put down a deposit as I don't have 5 pax on the booking?

Oh, I am torn.

Any advice welcome! :)

Oh, and I did price out two connecting oceanviews and it will be more $$$.

Try searching on YouTube. I was looking for videos of the Family Promenade cabins and found quite a few videos on YouTube. You might also expand your search criteria to Independence of the Seas, and Liberty of the Seas as well, as the cabins will be the same.

As for booking the cabin for 4, RCI does not have to allow you to book that cabin and can probably move you if needed. They generally require 5 pax to book, but have heard that they can release them closer to sail date if unsold.

We were fortunate enough that RCI has these large cabins for families of 5-6. We are a family of 5, and many cruise lines will not allow more than 4 in a cabin without booking a suite (specifically NCL and Princess.)

That family OV looks like a great cabin. The deck would be OK for me.

Last year, RCL allowed me to book a RFS. There were only 3 of us and it can sleep 8. It was a great cabin Nice floorplan.

I wish you luck in getting cabin 2268

Normally those cabins cannot be booked online. I would be curious how you could do that. Even on the Royal Caribbean website you have to call. We have cabin 8500 for a cruise in February and we have 6 people. I have heard if the sailing is close and still available they will allow less than 5.

Normally those cabins cannot be booked online. I would be curious how you could do that. Even on the Royal Caribbean website you have to call. We have cabin 8500 for a cruise in February and we have 6 people. I have heard if the sailing is close and still available they will allow less than 5.

If the cabins are available close to sail date RCI sometimes will release them to be booked directly on the website by any number of people. No need to call to book.