Independence Med Spain cruise June 28th-July 12th repoooooort

Hey there Jim!

Happy to hear you like my reports.

There are photos of our cabin on page 1? #8.

I found them! I must have missed them somehow in my excitement to read your review. :D

Do you have pictures of your bathroom? It would be nice to see them if you do in case we get a Promenade cabin on a future cruise.

Thanks!

Hi Bob,

I'm indeed planning to do one.

Glad to hear I'd have at least one reader ;)

No Sinny , you will have two for sure. Can't wait. The longest cruise we have been on is 9 nights. Your next cruise sounds amazing.

If I may ask a question, we are stopping in Helsinki while on the serenade. Any must see/do's you would recommend?

Thanks !

Thanks Sinny for this report! I read your Finnish travel blog while you were cruising and was eagerly waiting for this CC version to complete the joy of joining your cruises. Just gotta love your style of writing. I still can remember cracking with your stories of Navigator and traveling with your Mum (that was your first review I read).

I have a ? about embarking atSouthampton. The coach you took, did it stop on the bus station or directly at the cruise terminal? I'm booked on Adventure in Oct but we come from Heathrow so it might be different though, from that direction.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We got up just in time for the Meet and Mingle and there were about 30 people there.

It was one of the best Meet and Mingles we have attended as the Activities Manager Tim Connor was absolutely hilarious and he had a plethora of "Royal Caribbean crap you've never wanted" to give away.

I won an amazing pair of RCCL earrings!

20140711_192000.jpg

Hi!

Agree the M&M was very good with Tim - just a shame we didn't get to linger longer due to the art class. My hubby and son won matching baseball caps (which they've never worn!) and I won a bottle of wine - were you on the table in the corner next to us by any chance?

Great review and good to get a different perspective of the port days as we did mostly organised excursions.

I started writing an offline review but struggling to find the time - besides I can't compete with your style!

Look forward to reading more!

Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I found them! I must have missed them somehow in my excitement to read your review. :D

Do you have pictures of your bathroom? It would be nice to see them if you do in case we get a Promenade cabin on a future cruise.

Thanks!

No photos of the bathroom, sorry.

But it was exactly alike as all the other cabin bathrooms we've had ;)

No Sinny , you will have two for sure. Can't wait. The longest cruise we have been on is 9 nights. Your next cruise sounds amazing.

If I may ask a question, we are stopping in Helsinki while on the serenade. Any must see/do's you would recommend?

Thanks !

Hi Maggie :)

Stay tuned in November then!

Depends of course what you'd like to see and what the always unpredictable Finnish weather will be like...

But the must-sees are the Market Square, twin cathedrals and Esplanadi Park.

All right next to one another, so easy peasy!

Thanks Sinny for this report! I read your Finnish travel blog while you were cruising and was eagerly waiting for this CC version to complete the joy of joining your cruises. Just gotta love your style of writing. I still can remember cracking with your stories of Navigator and traveling with your Mum (that was your first review I read).

I have a ? about embarking atSouthampton. The coach you took, did it stop on the bus station or directly at the cruise terminal? I'm booked on Adventure in Oct but we come from Heathrow so it might be different though, from that direction.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hey Miryam!

We stopped at the coach station. It is a VERY easy 20-minute walk or a 5-minute, £5 taxi ride. Taxis were on the other side of station, just walk through to the other side and there'll be waiting outside.

We got up just in time for the Meet and Mingle and there were about 30 people there.

It was one of the best Meet and Mingles we have attended as the Activities Manager Tim Connor was absolutely hilarious and he had a plethora of "Royal Caribbean crap you've never wanted" to give away.

I won an amazing pair of RCCL earrings!

20140711_192000.jpg

Hi!

Agree the M&M was very good with Tim - just a shame we didn't get to linger longer due to the art class. My hubby and son won matching baseball caps (which they've never worn!) and I won a bottle of wine - were you on the table in the corner next to us by any chance?

Great review and good to get a different perspective of the port days as we did mostly organised excursions.

I started writing an offline review but struggling to find the time - besides I can't compete with your style!

Look forward to reading more!

Heather

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes I think we sat right next to you :)

I read your Finnish travel blog while you were cruising

What? A Finnish travel blog :eek: I love Your CC reviews and now I found out that you have a blog. Yes, I found it with Google. So, what am I doing now? Of course I am reading your blog. This will take a while. So many great stories with fabulous photos.:)

What? A Finnish travel blog :eek: I love Your CC reviews and now I found out that you have a blog. Yes, I found it with Google. So, what am I doing now? Of course I am reading your blog. This will take a while. So many great stories with fabulous photos.:)

I love your reviews also Sinppu. Where can I find this blog, I would love to read it also? I tried to find it with Google but didn't have any luck.

I love your reviews also Sinppu. Where can I find this blog, I would love to read it also? I tried to find it with Google but didn't have any luck.

Hey there, it"s called LaSin matkamuistot.

It's mostly written with our family and friends in my mind, but I hope you like it anyway [emoji3]

Hey there, it"s called LaSin matkamuistot.

It's mostly written with our family and friends in my mind, but I hope you like it anyway [emoji3]

Thanks! There seems to be some reading for me for couple of days. :)

Well finally we have arrived in Cadiz!

The only thing we knew about our last stop was that it is one of the oldest inhabitated city in Europe with a history of over 3000 years.

Many people opt for Seville but we decided to stay right here -and I'm glad we did.

teqyje4e.jpg

retuvyge.jpg

The port is right at the edge of the Old Town and centre.

2edyra9a.jpg

4umu5u9e.jpg

Cadiz is beautiful. Narrow alleys...

uhazedu9.jpg

yge3use7.jpg

Just look at it!

9y9u7equ.jpg

"Ok ok, I'm looking...."

sabehady.jpg

And the narrow alleys!

he2ugube.jpg

Did I mention the narrow alleys?

Cadiz was also a shopper's paradise. Wonderful clothes, shoes, bags, souvenirs, you name it.

And a door for hobbits.

ajybyrab.jpg

Loved Cadiz. Even though it seemed there was a spaceship floating by....no, wait!

I know that ship!

a9eheqy7.jpg

Have been to Cadiz twice, the first time everyone said there was nothing in Cadiz, and to go to Savile, which we did.

The second time we stayed in Cadiz, and I agree, it is beautiful, and easily walkable. The plaza is beautiful, its a fab last port.

I'm enjoying your report, especially the photos of Cadiz. It's beautiful, and reminds me a bit of Cartagena, Colombia.

I'll be taking my first trip on Independence in October, a four-night "sampler" cruise to France and Belgium, and then my second trip on her, sailing across the ocean to Florida, so I'm enjoying your ship pictures too.

Thanks for taking the time to report!

Beth

Edited by bethc1952

Loving your hilarious review!

I see also that we will be on the same Allure western med voyage next October. I look forward to meeting you and Lowry then :)

Hey Bekka!

Thanks ;)

We are really not worth it. Really.

Boring. Tiresome. Bo*yawn*ring. That's us.

No, really.

Not kidding!