Classic vs Premium not on Celebrity Website

SULLJO

I have read that Celebrity has changed its offerings on the Classic package and the Celebrity website no longer has the embedded listing? I am sailing the Summit in September and am wondering if anyone has any recent experience with the 123 Go promotion?

On our 5-11-14 Summit cruise, we had counted on getting our beverages of choice (Beefeaters gin, Dewars scotch, B&B, and Drambuie) with our Classic Beverage Package as they were then listed on the Celebrity website. Instead, at some of the Summit bars we were limited to bad tasting no-name brands because without any notice Celebrity had removed them from the Classic package. We asked at Customer Relations and were given the Classic printed list of these unknown brands. After our sailing we read on CC that our brands were reinstated on the Classic package. On 7-10-14, after we again received the 1-2-3 Classic at booking a 5-10-15 Summit, I sent an email to Captain's Club and asked for a list of brands now included in the Classic amenity. On 7-10-14, we received a confirmation that our inquiry would be answered. Celebrity Captain's Club has not answered us as of today, 7-25-14. Why is Celebrity making on offer and not revealing what is offered?

Yes - Celebrity reinstated desired beverages for the Classic Beverage package AFTER our 5-11 cruise. Celebrity also does not now list included alcohol beverages for this amenity on it's website. Celebrity has nowhere told us what beverages we may expect in our 1-2-3 Classic Beverage Package for our booked May 2015 cruise. Celebrity can alter this amenity this week, this month or at will because they have not said they will not do so. The Captain's Club said it would reply to my inquiry and thus far has not.

Yes - Celebrity reinstated desired beverages for the Classic Beverage package AFTER our 5-11 cruise. Celebrity also does not now list included alcohol beverages for this amenity on it's website. Celebrity has nowhere told us what beverages we may expect in our 1-2-3 Classic Beverage Package for our booked May 2015 cruise. Celebrity can alter this amenity this week, this month or at will because they have not said they will not do so. The Captain's Club said it would reply to my inquiry and thus far has not.

I can understand your concern after having been shortchanged on the package on your cruise but I doubt you'll get any sort of commitment from Celebrity. I suspect the info in that post is about as good as it is going to get.

I get those automated responses to emails I send to companies all the time. All they mean is that some programmer put in a routine to acknowledge the incoming message - they don't mean that anyone is really doing anything with your message anytime soon. As far as I'm concerned they are meaningless. I'm not saying that is any excuse at all just that they don't mean much at most companies. My health insurance company now takes 30 to 180 minutes to answer a call and a good percentage get disconnected while on hold so I always try emailing them first. They have an system for sending them emails that claims you'll get a response within 2 days. I think they somehow feel that the automated response they send the following day meets that commitment. I've sent about 10 messages to them this year and most take a couple weeks to get a real response and a couple of them have been waiting weeks for a response that might never come. Unfortunately that is about par with my experience in general in sending email inquiries to big companies.

Good luck in getting the response you're hoping for. Let us know if you do receive something.

Edited by Lsimon

The link posted by Sulljo has the official responses to tne changes to the drinks packages.

Whilst the changes in May were a mess. At least they have reverted to their original offerings.

A quick search would havev brought up plenty of info on the packages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I don't know a lot about wine and am happy with stuff out of a box, one of those in our party is a real connoisseur who recently returned from a wine tour of France as his master's degree project. I'm wondering what wine prices are on the ship as regards the packages. Do I understand that premium package cannot be used in Cellar Masters? I thought I read that in a post somewhere.

While I don't know a lot about wine and am happy with stuff out of a box, one of those in our party is a real connoisseur who recently returned from a wine tour of France as his master's degree project. I'm wondering what wine prices are on the ship as regards the packages. Do I understand that premium package cannot be used in Cellar Masters? I thought I read that in a post somewhere.

If they still have the auto pour machines in Cellar Masters, it does not apply to them. But everything else is fine, and you still only pay the amount over the $14 limit with the Premium.

ps: you will not find a list of every wine on board, as the wine cellar has a few hundred different types, from a wide price point.

Edited by wallie5446

Just because it is on a list doesn't mean they will actually have it. We were on the Summit in June and upgraded to premium mainly because of the two premium Jameson listed (gold and ten) by Celebrity on this site. Bartenders couldn't find any and Beverage mgr said it wasn't on HIS list. Eventually one partial bottle was found with 2 days left in the cruise. They went above and beyond to find some onboard but I wondered why they didn't just go into Hamilton and buy some. I also read a post here that someone upgraded to get a special rum listed but there was none onboard. So what they list and what you get may be two different things.