Valor drydock

hckyfan68

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone on here can answer a question.

DW and are looking at cruises for our 5th anniversary next year. We are considering the Valor. I did some research online and I read that the Valor is supposed to to going into drydock this year. However, I was reading John Healds blog (Ship-Life) and I read this in the Q&A section

John says:

Hello Angie Morgan

Thanks for writing and, at this time, I’m not aware of any plans for the Carnival Valor to have a dry dock this coming year. As soon as I know any plans to give her the 2.0 upgrades, I will let you know. Until then I hope you will let me know if you have any other questions. Best wishes.

John

So, now I'm a bit confused. Anyone have any insight into this?

There are no available cruises Oct. 24th through Nov. 7th in 2015. This gives her a 2 week period where she'll be "missing." The cruise that starts on Oct. 18th is a 6-day with a different itinerary than what she normally does. So my guess is this is when she'll get a drydock.

Edited by robear14

• 3 months later...

From John Heald:

"Carnival Valor is not scheduled for a drydock prior to the deployment shift to Port Canaveral in March. It will eventually go into drydock at a later point in time but those plans are not fully finalized at this time."

Although nothing official, the thought is that it will go to drydock sometime in mid-to-late 2016. It last drydocked in 2011.

There are no available cruises Oct. 24th through Nov. 7th in 2015. This gives her a 2 week period where she'll be "missing." The cruise that starts on Oct. 18th is a 6-day with a different itinerary than what she normally does. So my guess is this is when she'll get a drydock.

There are 4 date sets on the Carnival website for the Valor out of Orlando after she repositions from San Juan. On October 17, 2015 she will be doing a 7 day cruise on her western Caribbean itinerary and alternating routes each trip (one trip western, the other eastern Caribbean). Trust John. She's not schedule for drydock for some time since it was canceled in 2013. I tell you, at least when she sailed out of San Juan, she was almost full all the time!! This ships is (as the Liberty will be once she takes over the route) maybe the hardest ship to get price reductions on most categories other than interior. I almost developed OCD after checking DAILY for over a year (booked ES).