Past Guest Sale & Early Saver Price Drop

bluesman0711

Mom,

I actually did walk the Carnival rep through a mock booking yesterday trying to get mine. The key was when they entered my VIFP #. Prior to that, all they were getting was the GTY Past Guest rate which does not allow for a cabin selection. As soon as she put in my VIFP #, it worked perfect (40 minutes later)...

Steve

I also got this rate on yesterday, after going from ES to the pack-n-go rate, now to PG Sales rate. $420 in OBC on my account. The room is a BL guarantee, but seeing there is limited regular balcony rooms (including the rooms I gave up) and quite a few Spa BL rooms left, I'll be happy with whatever BL I get!!! 20 days til sailing!!!!

Edited by sjcruiser

This past guest promotion is for guarantee cabins only ..... So if you have ES and have picked your cabin, and do NOT want to move.... This new sale will not work for you ( or me, per carnival rep)

This is not true. We booked ES and got a $200 price drop. AND we kept our cabin. I think it depends on who you deal with. My husband got it yesterday for us, I called today for my sister who has an adjoining cabin and she got it. No questions asked.

This is not true. We booked ES and got a $200 price drop. AND we kept our cabin. I think it depends on who you deal with. My husband got it yesterday for us, I called today for my sister who has an adjoining cabin and she got it. No questions asked.

True, it's for both those who have booked their cabin number and those with a guarantee. Be warned though, I submitted a price protection form by email twice and both were declined. I then called and had a $100 inboard credit within an hour. There is a computer glitch I was told like others have mentioned and the adjustment can only be done over the phone.

Does the Past Guest Sale end tonight? I just started looking today, but would like to book. The problem is that our past cruise was so long ago that I can't look it up online, and it will take them several days to respond to my online request.

And believe it or not, we still have our ID cards from 23 years ago to prove it!

My offer says available until 8/31/14. You never know though if everyone has the same offers. Good luck! Thanks everyone!booked ES this am. Submitted the price match form earlier got denied and called got my price lowered

Thanks! I called and the rep was able to check the past guest rate for me. It was only $10 pp less than the summer sale rate, so if I don't get it, it won't be a big deal. I am interested to see how they handle the situation though. It might be a good test of their customer service.

So if I'm booked early saver, but decide to take advantage of the past guest rate,.. Will I still be eligible for future price drops since I was originally/initially booked under Early Saver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you will. Past guess means you have sailed before and they sometimes offer specials. Early saver is if you book early they say that's the best price ;) but that's why we have the privilege to do price checks up until 2 days before sailing. So check often

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Yes you will. Past guess means you have sailed before and they sometimes offer specials. Early saver is if you book early they say that's the best price ;) but that's why we have the privilege to do price checks up until 2 days before sailing. So check often

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Ok great! Thanks!

All you are doing is matching the price of other sailing packages. You will always stay ES unless you fully cancel. I just "swapped" cruises and not only kept my ES, but still had the same booking #. I did have FTTF on the pre-swapped cruise and I am now wondering if since I have the same booking #, if I kept it, would it apply to the new cruise? I did cash it in for a credit.

All you are doing is matching the price of other sailing packages. You will always stay ES unless you fully cancel. I just "swapped" cruises and not only kept my ES, but still had the same booking #. I did have FTTF on the pre-swapped cruise and I am now wondering if since I have the same booking #, if I kept it, would it apply to the new cruise? I did cash it in for a credit.

Ok thanks, I think I got it now! :-)

When you say "swapped" cruises, do you mean you were booked on a cruise but switched to a totally different cruise with no fees or penalties??

Yes, I was booked on a cruise for Jan 2015. Since I was booked with an ES rate, it cost me $100 ($50/person) for administrative fees. Much easier to deal with than losing the full $1300 for the cruise booking. Plus, with the new cruise and the Past Guest sale on Friday, I have now saved $110 plus 1 day of gratuities ($24) since the orig cruise was an 8 day and the new one is 7.

Yes, I was booked on a cruise for Jan 2015. Since I was booked with an ES rate, it cost me $100 ($50/person) for administrative fees. Much easier to deal with than losing the full $1300 for the cruise booking. Plus, with the new cruise and the Past Guest sale on Friday, I have now saved $110 plus 1 day of gratuities ($24) since the orig cruise was an 8 day and the new one is 7.

Oh ok, good to know. We were debating switching cruises also but hoped the fees wouldn't be too astronomical.

If you switch after final payment then the cost is more to switch cruises depending on how close to sailing date you are.

Bill

Ok thanks, that makes sense.

Speaking of 'final payment', I notice that most people with Early Saver are saying they got OBC if their cruise price dropped after final payment.

If our cruise price drops after final payment, do we have to take OBC? Or can we have the price drop amount credited back to our credit card or cash/bank account? (we're early saver)

Thanks

I'm not sure which rate is best to book?

We're looking at a cruise this Nov. and it offers me:

Fun Select -779

Resident rates -513

Official Vacation Sale -546

More=Merrier -499

SuperSaver -513

any pros/cons to these???

Edited by loveysbydesign

Also usually after final payment is when I see most of the price drops!

That will most likely be the case for us also! Our final payment is in 2 weeks and we haven't received any price drops as of today.

So hopefully prices will drop some after our final payment.