How is the Holiday holding up?

rdrseller

I need advise, suggestions. I am putting a family vacation together and some of the ones that are traveling are not sure that they want to go for a week. What is wrong with that picture? Who doesn't want to cruise for a week?

We have cruised the Holiday a few years ago and it was still nice. But last year we took Conquest. WOW, big difference. There were little things that I liked better about the Holiday, but the bigger new ship was a plus!

Can anyone that has taken the Holiday for a spin this year let me know how she is holding up? This will be a first cruise for some, so I am sure it will be GRRRREAT either way. But some are return cruisers and I don't want anyone to be disappointed with our trip. YEA-YEA-YEA, I know the vacation is what you make of it. I just want to do all I can to insure that I have put together the best cruise I can for the group and then they are own their own for fun!

Thanks in advance for all the great advice. These boards are SUPER!:confused:

is going into drydock in September and will be out for our sailing October 6th...so any time after that, she should be in pretty good shape.

The only warning I give "first time cruisers" (which you already know) is that she does not have an atrium. Personally, I think an atrium adds to the cruising experience...but it certainly does not stop me (as evidenced by our October 6th booking).

LHP, can you tell me if this is a good ship for kids? We just booked 2 side-by-side rooms on the Empress deck on the Holiday for 5 days February when the kids are on Winter Break. Our first cruise was on the Fantacy, so I am expecting something like that ship. We have been on the Spirit and Pride, and will be on the caribbean Princess next month...so we have been spoiled by the newer, larger ships. I want to make sure we book a cruise that the kids will enjoy. Thanks!

I just read today on another site that gives statistics on ships that they refurbished the Holiday in 2003...wondering why they have to refurbish her again just 2 years later....We are booked on the Holiday 2/18/06 to take the kids on a cruise. We booked inside cabins, but am wondering if we should pay the $200 extra and get ocean view cabins...any suggestions? We are getting 2 side-by-side cabins so that the kids will have their own room. DH and I have traveled on larger ships and had a balcony room...will we be terribly disappointed with the inside rooms? I want to make my decision so I can go ahead and change the room if I am going to do it. We are on the Empress Deck which I am told is the highest deck with staterooms. Help! Thanks!

wondering why they have to refurbish her again just 2 years later....

Rumor has it the Holiday will retire from the Carnival fleet after 2006 and transfer to P&O in Australia to join ex-Jubilee. This is a long dry dock to get certifications up to date and make some modifications that will speed the transfer next year. So they say. ( Alot of people are saying it though:D )

Archived