Just back- Rays. Reef and Rum Point

hlsess

WE LOVED this trip and loved being is a small group- only 25 people. The stingrays are awesome and pics were great- loved Sheldon and Don- very informative and we stayed with the rays about 45 minutes. Other boats had 100-200 people. We then snorkeled about 30 minutes and they showed us a very big eel- they coaxed him out with bait. Then we jumped off top of boat- my 10 year old loved this. Then we ordered lunch-before snorkeling- . We headed to Rum Point and lunch was ready when we gotht here- food was very good!!! Stayed at Rum Point about an hour then headed back to Cayman at 1:00 or so arrived back about 1:30. got back to a VERY long tender line at 2:30 and got back on Conquest around 3:30- the line moves very fast but do not do this trip if you want to shop or you are on the ships that are on Eastern time b/c some barely made the tender and were very scared of being left!! I think it was the Victory and Mariner of the Seas- they kept calling for them - the leave at 3:15 which is 2:15 Cayman time.

We're going next week also. What ship are you on? We're on the Mariner and will be there on Thursday. I'm still worried about getting back in time because of all the stories I keep hearing about making it back "just in time" to get the last tender. Nativeway assures me it won't be a problem.

I think everyone DOES make it back it is just VERY close- we were on the Conquest so we left an hour later than Mariner. Those on the earlier ship left on 1st bus but traffic in Cayman is awful!! I do know the ships will not leave you if you are in line and someone in charge of tenders kept walking down the Conquest line calling for people on Mariner and Victory- in case they were in wrong tender line-I think all the boats leave later b/c it is so hard to get back to ships by 3.You'll be fine just make sure you ar eon first bus back to tender!!Make sure you get in correct tender line!! You will have a blast- It was our favorite!!

I did the Native Way Ray, Reef, & Rum Point last week. It was great. We had 9 people in our group versus 100 in the ships tours. I agree with hlsess, you probably won't have time to shop. The tour started at 8:30 island time - most stores were not open yet - and we got back at 2:10 island time - with the last tender leaving at 2:15. I know we weren't on the last tender but we cut it close. Traffic was horrible!! My kids were really disappointed they didn't get to get post cards or do any shopping.

Archived