It's a Breeze checking in!

63galaxie

We took a taxi from the Intercontinental to the port of Miami. Arrived at 10 ish. Porter took our bags immediately, we walked into the terminal, showed our boarding passes twice on the way in, went right through security without a beep, walked immediately to a counter with the nicest checking person, Henry. All paperwork processed in minutes, given room card keys, and given group 1 check in! What a Breeze!!!! We were in our seats by 10:29. Btw, I was subsequently told, "No photos allowed in the terminal." I apologized. Looking forward to our six day adventure to Western Carib. Starting in a few hours!!! Btw, Internet is free in the terminal!!

image.jpg.5ef07807ecea1d2d53f2df99cf2c8277.jpg

You can see the Breeze behind the check in counter. Look! I see our Cove Balcony. The terminal is light, bright, and has mellow music and comfy seating.

Cost of taxi was just under $10 plus tip. Btw it literally took us 1/2 from 9:30-10 to get an empty elevator from the 14th floor. Plan accordingly as I'm told that is the norm. You don't have to call for a taxi as we were told they also keep them in the front. Also if you call the front desk you can check out over the phone! And the gift shop is ridiculous. $100 for a plain straw hat!!!!!

Starbucks in the lobby serves a lot of breakfast and lunch options. We had a protein lunch pack, a cheese and spinach wrap, small frappe mocha, and a macchiato for $20. You can eat inside or out.

More about the carnival terminal.

They have three vending machines next to the far restrooms which have everything from chips, trail mix, healthy bars, gum, candy, water, sodas, power drinks. Cost is $1.50 for water, and $1 for chips. I tied something new and natural. Lemon flavored plantain chips. Good!!

Did I mention there are t.v.s and and charging stations and free internet?

Will will be staying at the Intercontinental in January for our 6 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Breeze. Looking forward to reading your review! Thanks for the Intercontinental elevator information!! If we are on an upper floor we will allow plenty of time for this. Have a wonderful trip!

We are also staying at the Intercontinental prior to our cruise. I think that I read somewhere that there is a CVS within a five minute walk. Do you know of a place close by to get soda and water? Thanks!

Kim

Like to know that also Kim.

At the intercontinental they a gorgeous cafe who've is all glass so u overlook the pool and the harbor but its only open until give so we didn't get to eat there. It's called Bluewater Cafe.

Back to Carnival terminal. They also have TVs and docking stations.

Was on the Breeze in April. LOVED LOVED LOVED THIS SHIP!!! You will have a great time!!

PS> I was also told no pictures when I tried to take one of my family in the terminal.. about 5 minutes later, everyone was taking pictures, and no one said a word to them... :rolleyes:

There is a Walgreen's and a CVS just a couple blocks away. I've stayed at the IC Miami several times. It was nice but it bugged us that it had zero vending machines. It is a lovely short walk to Bayside Market with lots of meal choices.

Thanks Teresa for the info. I found a map with the CVS and Intercontinental but it looked to be a long walk. Good to know it is close! Looking forward to staying at the Intercontinental. We got an awesome deal of $137 for a Saturday night stay, unfortunately not a harbor view:(

Kim

Is it a new rule not to take photos in the terminal? I took several photos and no one said anything to me, unless they just didn't see me :eek:.

Have a great cruise!!!!!

I don't think so. The Cape Canaveral port has signs all over about no pictures. I didn't see any signs in Miami, so I pulled my camera out and got in trouble. lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Edited by EasyBreezy83

Too funny. Just passed a small fishing boat and a guy in an orange vest and jeans with a hard hat on started dancing and waving as we passed. Our captain tooted iur horn at him. Little toot and big toot.

I don't think so. The Cape Canaveral port has signs all over about no pictures. I didn't see any signs in Miami, so I pulled my camera out and got in trouble. lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

LOL!!! Guess I have to look around port everglades' terminal before I pull my camera out at my next cruise. I don't want to get in trouble :p.