Your best guess for RCI Alaska 2016?

We're currently planning a 7-nt RT Alaska cruise out of Seattle for August 2016. I understand those itineraries should be released next spring. Meanwhile, I'd love to hear your best guess about which class of cruise ship will have this itinerary.

In 2014, this itinerary is served by Vision Class Rhapsody of the Seas.

In 2015, this itinerary is served by Radiance Class Jewel of the Seas.

Which class of ship do you think will serve this itinerary in 2016?

[standard disclaimer ... I know you don't know ... I know it's a guess ... I'm okay with that ... I just love to dream and plan ... I know if I plan for something I may have to change those plans ... thank you] :D

Guessing two Radiance class ships in Alaska in 2016.

I thought I read something about environmental regulations preventing Vision class ships from operating there.

I predict Serenade and Radiance for the 2016 Season.

I say Serenade cause she's in Fort Lauderdale that winter and I'm guessing a Panama Canal cruise in April 2016 and then a Alaska season.

Thanks. I've only sailed on Sovereign class so far. Hubby and I have Vision class booked for December 2015. If Alaska 2016 is Radiance class, that will let us work our way up in order. :)

Thanks. I've only sailed on Sovereign class so far. Hubby and I have Vision class booked for December 2015. If Alaska 2016 is Radiance class, that will let us work our way up in order. :)

given the current pattern, looks like Radiance will continue the North and Southbound runs, the round trip Seattle could be Jewel again, but I'm willing to wager the Serenade going out there in 2016.

given the current pattern, looks like Radiance will continue the North and Southbound runs, the round trip Seattle could be Jewel again, but I'm willing to wager the Serenade going out there in 2016.

Are there significant differences in the Jewel and Serenade?

There were identical until Serenade went thru the revitalization dry dock. Now Serenade has these improvements over Jewel:

Centrum aerial entertainment

R Bar

Chef’s Table

Giovanni’s Table

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Park Café

Pub

Rita’s Cantina

New Vintages wine bar

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

New staterooms

Family Suite

New Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

However Jewel still has Seaview Cafe.

Edited by clarea

There were identical until Serenade went thru the revitalization dry dock. Now Serenade has these improvements over Jewel:

R Bar

Chef’s Table

Giovanni’s Table

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Park Café

Pub

Rita’s Cantina

New Vintages wine bar

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

New staterooms

Family Suite

New Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

Ok, I'm sold. Who can I bribe at Royal Caribbean to put Serenade on the 7 night Seattle-Alaska round trip in 2016? :D

R Bar

Chef’s Table

Giovanni’s Table

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Park Café

Pub

Rita’s Cantina

New Vintages wine bar

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

New staterooms

Family Suite

New Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

I love Seaview cafe. I'm definitely going to miss it on my upcoming Brilliance and Radiance cruises.

Jewel will have her refit in 2016 I believe. I'm sure she'll be identical to her sisters Brilliance and Serenade.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Hmm. I very interested, then, to see the differences. We have a Serenade cruise out of NOLA booked for January and the Seattle roundtrip Alaska booked on Jewel for August 2015. We are waiting for the spring 2016 Panama Canal transit cruise schedules to be posted as this is the next cruise we are booking. DW spent several years in Panama during the days of the Canal Zone belonging to the US as she was an Army brat. She has many fond memories and she wants to see what it looks like now...so she wants to do a full transit cruise for her 50th...errrr, I mean 39th...Birthday. :D:eek:

Oh, and Royal Cruiser, I love your postscript on your signature: Completed; Booked; Planning; Dreaming; Hallucinating...hilarious!

Pete

Edited by OKC Cruisers

Hmm. I very interested, then, to see the differences. We have a Serenade cruise out of NOLA booked for January and the Seattle roundtrip Alaska booked on Jewel for August 2015. We are waiting for the spring 2016 Panama Canal transit cruise schedules to be posted as this is the next cruise we are booking. DW spent several years in Panama during the days of the Canal Zone belonging to the US as she was an Army brat. She has many fond memories and she wants to see what it looks like now...so she wants to do a full transit cruise for her 50th...errrr, I mean 39th...Birthday. :D:eek:

Oh, and Royal Cruiser, I love your postscript on your signature: Completed; Booked; Planning; Dreaming; Hallucinating...hilarious!

Pete

Pete, I'll look forward to hearing your experiences on these Radiance class ships. Thank you for your comment on my signature. I'm just tellin' it like it is. :-)