Carnival DREAM Steakhouse??

My husband and I will be celebrating our second wedding anniversary this November on the Carnival Dream. We have booked the steakhouse for the anniversary dinner. I am curious of any reviews or opinions on the steakhouse? I have browsed the menu and it looks ok. :confused: Any thoughts?

Edited by celestekelly13

DW and I were on the Dream last week and tried out the steak house. It was very good, but on the whole it didn't seem worth it to us.

I got the 18oz ribeye (very good) and DW got the 9oz Filet Mignon. She felt that the Filet was very bland. It was cooked perfectly, but did seem to lack flavor.

In all, we enjoyed the experience and were glad we went, but don't feel the need to make it a regular occurance. Hope this helps....

This is the only cruise ship steak house I've been to so I suppose I don't really have anything to compare it with but my mother and I ate there in March and really enjoyed the whole experience. We both had the 9 oz. filet. We were actually quite pleasantly surprised at how good everything was. My dad is from Texas and something of a grill master thus we had been reluctant to try the various cruise ship steakhouses because we just knew they would be a disappointment as so many land based steak houses are to our friends and family after they've experienced my dad's steak. I am happy to report that we were wrong.

I have to agree with the others, I ate there one night (on the Dream) and liked it so well I immediately booked it again for two nights later. I got the filet both times; the first time it was cooked flawlessly and had great flavor, the second time it was just slightly overcooked but still tasty. The chef took great pride in his food and came around both nights talking to people to make sure they were happy. It was a lovely room, staff was very attentive, it was well worth the money to me.

Enjoy!