Embassy Suites on Hotels.com vs booking directly

sampup333

I used no code when I signed up and it's been well over a year (almost 2) and have never been asked for a membership fee. Usually if you just go through the online signup process the fee is automatically waived.

That was my experience also. Signed up online, no fee and after 3 years still no mention of a membership fee:D

Hotels.com is very reputable. Don't worry. Generally hotels won't match third party sites. Make sure you call the hotel in a few days to reconfirm and get a hotel reservation number. What one always should do when you use a booking site.

Have fun.

I concur with the previous opinions, and followup with the hotel on the reservation with the confirmation information received from hotels.com, or any third party site. Also as noted, the hotels will not often match the rates found via online sites.

When I tried to sign up at the LMT Club, they said it would be $49.99. I tried looking at Last Minute Travel and I couldn't get anything on there. A little ball kept rolling when I clicked on hotels and I never got to hotels. Am I not doing something right?:confused:

Did you try the promo code given previously here for the LMTclub? Do not pay the fee, as there always seems to be some code avail. If the one mentioned isn't good any longer, someone will offer another, I'm sure.

Lastminutetravel.com will give you descriptions but not names. You want to get the club as it'll show everything including the name. Not sure why you weren't getting at least that.

Try also travelpony.com They have decent pricing. You need to sign up but it is free too.

When I called Hotels.com, they said they could guarantee beds, non-smoking, etc. if I made the reservation on the phone versus through their website because when you submit the website order, that is just a "request." That is just what I was told, but I stayed on hold while they faxed my reservation to Embassy Suites and then they came back with the confirmation number (granted, a Hotels.com confirmation #). I plan to call the hotel a week in advance and confirm everything just to be sure. I expect that there are very few smoking rooms given the number of families that use these rooms.

Looking to book at embassy suites also, I did find a much better rate on hotel dot com but I saw in the fine print that they could not garantee a non-smoking room and that for me is a risk I won't' take. Is it really the case ?

If it IS in writing, then believe it. And you really have no recourse with the web site.

I'd call the hotel direct and ask if THEY guarantee non smoking rooms. If they say yes... Then what you have to do is book on hotels.com and then wait a few days, call the hotel for the HOTEL'S confirmation number and ask for the room you want. Most times, discounted rooms are assigned when you check in. Rooms booked with the hotel itself will get first priority.

Does this particular hotel even have smoking rooms?

That is just what I was told, but I stayed on hold while they faxed my reservation to Embassy Suites and then they came back with the confirmation number (granted, a Hotels.com confirmation #). .

Unless you have a hotel confirmation number, nothing is in stone. What the booking site said is a hope and a prayer. Call the hotel yourself.