awesome Triumph cruise

SArick

just back from a cruise on the Carnival Triumph and i just want to say that this ship is awesome. i have read things in the past on this forum about the ship being old and smelling like sewage and nothing can be further from the truth. the ship was sparkling and extremely clean. the crew was always in motion if not cleaning, sweeping or polishing and were always smiling. There was never a dull moment as the activities on board were first rate, to say nothing about the first rate Vegas style shows. There was a different show everynight. The food was great in all the eaterys and the selection, again, was just awesome. We had an oeanview room and i was suprised at how spacious it was. It was extremely clean and our Cabin Steward was first rate. i have nothing but high praise for the staff and crew and the ship itself. I will definetely be taking another cruise on this fine ship and any other Carnival ship out of Galveston, if the other ships are anything like the Triumph, Carnival has two new loyal cruisers! Keep up the great work Carnival!

We know--right? Triumph is a great ship with a great crew and staff. The food and service is outstanding and the ship is in great shape.

We've been on Triumph two times before--one was a New Years Eve cruise that was awesome. We now have two sailings B2B on Triumph (21 days total) booked for Oct-Nov, 2015. Normally, Triumph does 4- and 5-day runs to Progresso and Cozumel. However, Carnival just opened three longer cruises for Triumph in Feb and Mar, 2015. One of them, Mar 2, will stop in Costa Rica, Panama, and Columbia.

Carnival Freedom comes to Galveston in Feb, 2015 and will do mainly 7-day runs with three alternating itineraries. It's first sailing from Galveston is a one-time 6-day run that includes Costa Maya.

You may also want to research and consider Carnival Magic sailings from Galveston. Magic normally does 7-day cruises with 3 alternating itineraries. While Triumph does 3 longer runs in Feb and March, Magic is doing the 4-and 5-day runs for Triumph. But Magic is also doing two 6-day cruises that include Costa Maya--one Feb 8 and another Mar 9. We are thinking about booking the Mar 9 cruise.

Here's hoping you have many more cruising memories. Bon Voyage!

Edited by forwardcabin

Glad to hear you had such a great cruise. We've done the Triumph 3X now and we really love it. :)

The last time we sailed (July 14), we had Kirk Benning and Gumbie as our CD and Assistant CD. Kirk was very funny, very sweet and Gumbie was..well..Gumbie--extremely funny and sweet as corn syrup dripping offa pile a pancakes on a cold winter morning.:D When my son got seasick and threw up in the Rome lounge, Gumbie (who was getting ready to do some bingo) just helped get it cleaned up, no big deal. Every time after that when we ran into him, he asked my son how he was feeling, if his tummy was upset anymore (it wasn't..we still think it was probably an overdose of excitement, milk without eating any real food and probably sugar as well as opposed to true seasickness). I hope we get to sail with him again...he was so kind to us.

• 2 weeks later...