Red Frog Pub

pearose

I keep seeing all these posts on John Heald's FB page with pictures of various people who were the first on that ship to visit the Red Frog Pub and receive a complimentary drink. My question is, is the Pub open immediately on embarkation or does it open later after the ship sails? Seems to me if it is open immediately, unless you're the first to board, changes of being the first there are next to nothing.....

Anyone know? Just curious

I keep seeing all these posts on John Heald's FB page with pictures of various people who were the first on that ship to visit the Red Frog Pub and receive a complimentary drink. My question is, is the Pub open immediately on embarkation or does it open later after the ship sails? Seems to me if it is open immediately, unless you're the first to board, changes of being the first there are next to nothing.....

It's open when you board, but not for serving food.

Red Frog Pub is kind of open upon embarkation. We were first on Breeze and Magic. Both times we could only get beer. The bartenders told us the registers were not quite booted up yet. The Thirsty Frog Ales were delicious!

We hope for a third successful win on Legend. :D

Red Frog Pub is kind of open upon embarkation. We were first on Breeze and Magic. Both times we could only get beer. The bartenders told us the registers were not quite booted up yet. The Thirsty Frog Ales were delicious!

We hope for a third successful win on Legend. :D

LOL congrats! Glad to say you're not on the Magic in February! Less competition! lol j/k!!

What time would you say you normal get on the ship? (Planning out the strategy here) :D

LOL congrats! Glad to say you're not on the Magic in February! Less competition! lol j/k!!

What time would you say you normal get on the ship? (Planning out the strategy here) :D

Thanks. We are not on Magic again anytime soon so have at it. And good luck. We are Platinum, so that might have given us a little edge. :D Both cruises' embarkation started a little after noon.

Its a shame the Legend only serves drinks (and chips) and red frog beer is plain nasty. :(

The red frog cocktails look amazing though so yay!

I will probably be too excited to run the Red Frog tbh...will be up on deck taking in the sights.

Not everyone knows that the first to get there gets a free drink. I've heard the folks on Back to Back cruises are first ones there many times.

And some are the same people. Red Frog Pub hogs.

Not everyone knows that the first to get there gets a free drink. I've heard the folks on Back to Back cruises are first ones there many times.

Not necessarily. I been first coming from the terminal twice and missed it once by about 3 steps one other time.

Yes, platinum helps but the trick is to know the route and don't linger anywhere.

The wings are quite delicious. As are the Frog Balls. ;) Those are free.

I have to ask..........Frog balls? What exactly is this? And I guess that means there is a charge for the wings? How much are those?

Its a shame the Legend only serves drinks (and chips) and red frog beer is plain nasty. :(

The red frog cocktails look amazing though so yay!

I will probably be too excited to run the Red Frog tbh...will be up on deck taking in the sights.

The only time anyone was in there was when the assistant CD was doing trivia.

I can't speak for myself yet, never been to one before, but I have heard numerous people say the wings at the pub are great! Looking forward to trying them myself.

wings? I didn't know they had wings?? I thought that was an NCL thing.. Would be awesome if carnival did have wings in the red frog pub, I'll be there everynight when I sail Oct 25 on the Breeze..

We always figure its either people from wedding parties, diamond/platinum priority boarding..FTTF boarding, and B2B's that would get there first.. This will be our first time making a run for the Red Frog pub when we sail Oct 25.. We always get zone 3 boarding (wheelchair) so hubby says he plans on making a run for it to see if he can get the free beer.. lol.. wish us luck! I'll definitely let you know when we get back.. or you just might see our photo on JH facebook page.. lol