Kennel Question, Round Trip?

VoyagerHS

I don't know the dog or its human. The OP has a choice to make, and I feel she is in the best position to make that choice. Regarding the question posed by the OP, I would not offer advice one way or the other, except for my previous recommendation to consult the dogs veterinary. No doubt we can relate stories about pets left in the care of paid sitters, or trusted friends, or sent to an on-shore kennel. There is no right or wrong answer. Experiences vary, and there is no guarantee that any choice will be the absolute best. We can only make the best possible choice, given all available information. And once that decision is made, have confidence in that decision. -S

But the OP has said that his dog has been aboard before without suffering any stress (see posts 6, 8, and 12 above). Your leap was in equating the response of a dog that arrived stressed and likely suffering from who knows what pre-existing ailments to one that will be boarding unstressed and healthy. I agree with the OP that a crossing and a few days romp ashore and another crossing will suit his pet just fine.

Good :)