12 Hours to go!

Zipper25

It is now only 12 hours till we leave for Perth en route to join the QM2 in Southampton via Singapore and London. I am so excited that I can't sleep. It is now 5 am, the bags are packed, the car's booked and the cats are in the kennels.

I am feeling that there must be something that I have planned, triple checked, researched or obsessed over. I'm just a little worried that the planning has become more important than the doing! Please tell me that I won't suffer the greatest anti-climax ever when I get on board!

Martin

Martin,

You will have a wonderful voyage aboard QM2. She is worth every single bit of sleepless moment you will go through between now and the time you board. Enjoy this jubilant, excited period and have a fabulous trip on the

Queen Mary 2.

I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Cruiserking

Martin,

I'm sure you'll have a great trip - the QM2 is spectacular & if jet lag/hassle leave you stressed, or in emergency in general - head for the Commodore Club and sample another Martini!

Peter

Peter likes his martini in the commodore club. Reckon we should make sure we find out for ourselves don't you Zipper. Anyway I hope you have a wonderful journey over here to the UK. I can understand your excitement. It was 6 weeks Tuesday until we board QM2, but I am saying it's just over 5 weeks!! Makes it sounder closer and closer. I don't think we will be disappointed. We need to go with an open mind and we'll have a great time. I will find it difficult though not to compare with P & O!! I know QM2 is double the size practically of any of the P & O fleet, but all being under the Carnival umbrella I wonder just how different they will be on board??

Peter, not sure about the martini's, but do they do champagne cocktails. After having a belllini at the Grove hotel in Hertfordshire, I have fallen in love with them!!!!

Elaine

Peter, not sure about the martini's, but do they do champagne cocktails. After having a belllini at the Grove hotel in Hertfordshire, I have fallen in love with them!!!! Elaine

Just try the Chocolate Martini......and yes, they do do Bellinis, with real widow's unction, unlike RCL who have possibly the nastiest 'champagne style sparkling wine' afloat.....

Peter

Just try the Chocolate Martini......and yes, they do do Bellinis, with real widow's unction, unlike RCL who have possibly the nastiest 'champagne style sparkling wine' afloat.....

Peter

Thanks for you kind words and wishes, Peter, Elaine and Ken

I am now in the Silver Kris lounge in Changi airport waiting to board my flight for Heathrow. (I see from BBC World News that there is chaos there at the moment!) Good job I'm not flying BA!

Spent last night at The Raffles here in Singapore which, on reflection, was a bit of a waste of money as I didn't check in until almost 11.00 as the flight ex Perth was delayed by almost two hours. Still managed a couple of Slings in the Long Bar and in the room the Bottle of Charles Heidseck 1995 which I managed to con out of the poor, long-suffering, darling stewardess on the flight. (I make no apologies whatsoever for that.;) ) Raffles are wonderful -they even chilled it for me and no corkage! I make no apologies whatsoever for that.

Glad to hear that the widow's unction is used to make the bellinis and I will certainly follow your recommendation re jet-lag and stress, Peter. Glad to know there is another like minded soul in the world who understands fully the trials and tribulations of we world-weary travellers. So watch out the Commodore Club!

I think that over the next couple of weeks or so I will be singing "Pop Goes the Widow" on more than one occasion and am even planning a couple of verses of "Knees Up, La Grande Dame". :o

My laptop seems to have developed strange symptoms since I left home so I just hope that I will be able to record my thoughts and goings-on some other way. What's that you say? Pen and paper! Now why didn't I think of that earlier!

A bientot

Martin

Still managed a couple of Slings in the Long Bar

Isn't the Long Bar fun! The first time you drop the peanut husks on the floor in hyperclean Singapore you quietly wonder if you're about to be arrested! Then its munch & drop! Glad you are flying SQ - great service - they'll even russle up a (sort of) Dry Martini if you ask nicely....certainly helps take the edge off.....

Bon Voyage!

Peter

Archived