Help me decide: BCH or Junkanoo?

beachlover777

We are cruising in December and are only in port from 7-3. We have an almost two year old and would like a beach for him to just play at for the day. I thought I was set on BCH, but am wondering if Junkanoo is a better deal since its free and we can buy local food/drinks. In guessing we won't even make it off the boat until 8ish and will need to head back to the ship around 1:30ish to give us plenty of time to board. Any advice? There are three adults on the toddler. Also, will I need to bring a bucket and shovel or do the beaches have them?

Go, my son loved it. He just learned to snorkel (6 years old) and stayed in water all day.Its not fancy by any means but as a mom the bathrooms were clean, water calm and clear, umbrella available.(August 2013). Going back in 3 weeks I'm sure we will go back. I like that we can walk there. The taxi drivers in Nassau drive me crazy.

Go, my son loved it. He just learned to snorkel (6 years old) and stayed in water all day.Its not fancy by any means but as a mom the bathrooms were clean, water calm and clear, umbrella available.(August 2013). Going back in 3 weeks I'm sure we will go back. I like that we can walk there. The taxi drivers in Nassau drive me crazy.

Thank you for the advice. With my son so young, I am trying to have a nice time and avoid taxis as well (don't trust their driving and we aren't carrying a car seat). Sound like this will be a good option for us.

We just went to Junkanoo beach and had a fun time with my 3 teenagers. The water is beautiful and calm. We took lots of pretty pictures. My recommendation is to take water shoes. My kids and husband weren't bothered but I got a little worried about some glass shards I saw. I think the bottom was also a little rocky. Like I said, only I was bothered, so it couldn't have been that bad.