Cruise wedding 1st timer!

Hi everyone,

Just joined this and I am very excited and looking forward to any advice and tips I may get. My fiancé and I are contempLating a cruise wedding due to price, traditional weddings at a venue seem to be very pricey and just not in our budget. From doing some research I am thinking of looking into the Carnival Paradise. I see it leaves from port of tampa and since this where we live it will allow guests to come to the wedding that may not be able to cruise. I am very very new to all this so any advice anyone has would be so helpful. And if anyone has had a recent wedding on carnival paradise any feedback, good or bad? Thanks so much and congrats to all the brides to be!!

The best advice I can give from my experience so far is this. A cruise ship wedding is a wonderful option but only for certain couples. If you are a control freak who has always had a fantasy of your perfect wedding and planning every little detail, this adventure is not for you. But if you are willing to make a few key choices and then just let go and let Carnival do their magic this is perfect.

I am currently in Graduate School and working a full time job so spending months planning a wedding just wasn't in the cards for me and so far it has been very easy to get everything ready. just need to trust the professionals.

Hardest part is just getting all your RSVP back a month before hand with the info that carnival request. We have about 4 procrastinator we are waiting on. Final list is due to Carnival in 2 weeks.

Hey SarahOhara, I'm in the same boat! Working full time and full time grad school. I don't even have time to do my laundry let alone plan a wedding! Cruise wedding was the perfect option for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In our case we are in our 40s. My second marriage, my fiance's first. I eloped the first time. Our mothers want a wedding and we want a marriage. This seemed a.good option for pricing and the fact that they plan everything with a little help from you.

Hey SarahOhara, I'm in the same boat! Working full time and full time grad school. I don't even have time to do my laundry let alone plan a wedding! Cruise wedding was the perfect option for me!

My wife and I are also both full-time grad students (and were when we were planning). It was the easiest thing we could've done. I can't imagine having to deal with caterers, musicians, officiants, photographers, planner, venue coordinators, cake tasting, etc. It was perfect and simple.

OP There is a user named Jusilva on these boards who just got married on the Paradise a few weeks ago, so hopefully she'll post a review.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Just turned in my last Final paper for this semester.....Doing Independent Study this next semester so I can go on the wedding cruise with no worries about school.

I see your wedding is in 2015, trust me the time flies by.