Embarkation question from New Orleans,

The same time actually. You will go into the Platinum lounge and they will go into the regular line. They will be given a number and a seat in the regular lounge and once boarding starts they won't be far behind. We usually drive in about 10:00 and we usually have family with us that are not Platinum.

We are platinum and ussually check in around 9:45. but we have friends that are first time cruisers. Was wondering what time regular check in starts, The earlier the better. Thanks for any help.

John Heald stated on his blog this week that Carnival won't let non-platinums board with the platinums anymore even if they are on the same onboard account. But no worry though. My last 2 cruises were out of NOLA and both times embarkation started around 11 and went smoothly. Your friends should be onboard very soon after you are on.

Have a great cruise with your friends!

Just got off the Elation today. We are platinum but all boarding began at the same time. First they took Platinums, then handicapped or special assist, followed by zones for general boarding. At eleven there were only a handful of Platinums and very few special assists, so the zone one folks were only minutes behind us. No worries for your group. Of course, you could wait and board with them so then you will all be together either way.

We were ALL first time cruisers at one point. Somehow we all managed to get on the ship. Let them board by themselves to build their confidence. Meet them somewhere on board, or as someone suggested, board with them;)

We are platinum and travel with friends that are not quite a lot. We just say "meet me on Lido" and we save them a seat. I also believe it builds their confidence and shows them that they don't have to be tied to your hip on the trip.

VIP lounge in NOLa port. Uhm, last year when I went through there all of us Platinum/Diamond were in the main area roped off. They had us near the window all the way from the entrance to the far back of the terminal building. If there is a VIP lounge in NOLa, they didn't use it last year......

The same thing happened when we went through Galveston. We had a suite, so had VIP boarding. We were waiting with everyone, but in a roped off area. The next time I went through Galveston, there was a VIP lounge where they had us wait....

They have changed NOLA up a bit.

There is a platinum check in area, but then you go right back out and sit in the chairs. There may be a rope, but you are out there with everyone else.

Usually, if you get there around 10 the difference in platinum and nonplatinum will be about 10 minutes.