Carnival Magic January 25, 2015 Wedding Embarkation Day.

Hello I am wanting to know if anyone has any tips or advice about getting married on carnival on embarkation day. I have been on the magic three times already and I've been on this itinerary once before. I have kinda scoured the forums but I can't find everything I want in one place so I thought to make a new thread. I booked today so I know that by monday I should have information and be in contact with the wedding planner but I just can't wait till then to find out everything I want to know. I am going to have well over 20 guests, but do the sailing people cut into the time to celebrate package or will I need to pay more per person over that. If someone would just give me some ideas and info Id really appreciate it. Thank you.

I'm getting married on the Breeze on embankment day on Feb 22, 2015. So far 2 import things I learned was to ask your wedding contact about the alt hor d'oeuvres menu and about the signature drink menu. You are allowed to pick 1 signature drink from the list.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You're allowed 50 non-sailing guests and technically an unlimited amount of sailing guests. Each guest at your wedding will need to be paid for (so guest #21 and up), except for children under 8 who I believe are free. Confused yet?

Using our original guest list of 50, we would've had to have paid for an extra 25 guests because we invited 5 children who were considered free, but still had to be accounted for the in the sailing/non-sailing number.

So do I count the sailing guests as part of the 20 included in the package? Because that sucks if so I have 17 people in our immediate family that are sailing with us. I have about 25 that aren't sailing though.

We are getting married on the Miracle on November 22, 2014. We are having an embarkation day wedding. The 20 guest count includes 18 guests (sailing or non-sailing) over age 7 plus the happy couple.

So do I count the sailing guests as part of the 20 included in the package? Because that sucks if so I have 17 people in our immediate family that are sailing with us. I have about 25 that aren't sailing though.

Yes, your sailing guests count in the 20. So if it's you and your partner, 17 sailing guests, and 24 non-sailing, you'll pay Carnival for 23 extra wedding guests. That's not due until you submit your final paperwork.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

If the numbers seem like they don't add up you need to remember that you and your partner count as 2 of the total count of guests in the package. iE the base package is 20 people. That is you , your partner and 18 guest sailing or non.

I attached the alt menu that was sent to me by Carnival. You pick a total of 5 cold and 6 hot and you can mix the menus. I am going to check my luggage except for the carry-on bag with the soda and wine in it (and of course my dress). I am planning to put all of the wedding stuff in plastic bins and use a folding dolly to get it on board. I am going to have one of my non-sailing guests take the plastic containers, dolly and anything else from the wedding like the sign in book, sand ceremony set and extra favors with them. I will have about 17 sailing guests and 30 non-sailing guest.

Wedding Hors d'oeuvres Alt.doc

I am going to have one of my non-sailing guests take the plastic containers, dolly and anything else from the wedding like the sign in book, sand ceremony set and extra favors with them.

I'm sure you know this, but make sure that whatever you plan to bring can fit through the x-ray machines. We had to put everything through including our garment rack and wedding gowns (glad they fit:))

When we were planning for an embarkation wedding we planned to get most of our stuff on using containers with wheels and our folding garment rack. We had a couple people willing to help us roll items on the ship, but not carry because they were understandably dressed for a wedding (cocktail dresses, heels, suits, etc). We ended up getting married after embarkation so we checked everything we could in cardboard boxes and hauled the weddings gowns and formal wear on the rack instead.