Anyone on Slimming World?

hbux

Right, it's been ages since my last post. How's everyone getting on?

I'm nearing my goal but my weight keeps going up and down due to all the early Christmas meals!! 😝

Fingers crossed I'll get there in time for our cruise in 18 days but I'll not beat myself up too much if I don't. I expect the hard work will start all over again in Jan but at least I know it can be done if I find my willpower!!

Good luck everyone xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, I know what you mean about Christmas meals out, I'm full of good intentions until I get there and then the "will power" becomes "won't power" and the plan goes out the window. The last two weeks have each been just 1lb off but I'm okay with that as I'm not doing my best. Doesn't look like I'll make the stone challenge but like you I'm not going to beat myself up there's always next year:o. Hannah can't believe your cruise has come round so quickly; it'll be fantastic, I really enjoyed Azura. Do you fancy carrying on with this thread when you get back as I am still not at my target? Anyway girls thanks for your support. Cathy x

Hi Hannah,

My cruise is on 15 June and it's with Celebrity to the Baltic and I would like to lose another two stone plus the Christmas gain :D, Never been on Celebrity before so looking forward to it.

So, while we're all freezing you'll shortly be sunning yourself in the Caribbean, so jealous! What's your favourite island? I love Aruba and St Maarten. If they're giving away free samples of blue diamonds don't forget me;).

I know you'll be busy getting ready so have a great Christmas and a really fantastic cruise, Cathy x

Oh, I look forward to hearing about Celebrity. We seriously considered them for this cruise but P&O slightly tipped the balance due to the drinks prices/tipping and the ease of the flights/transfers. I've heard that the Celebrity ships are amazing though so you should love it!!

In answer to your question about a favourite island....I'm not sure that I can choose! We're visiting a couple of new ones this time so I'm looking forward to that.

Have a fantastic Christmas and I'll touch base once I'm back. I'll definitely need this thread by then!!! 🎄🎉🌴☀️xxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I joined SW in September. I have managed to reach my club 10. Very pleased with my weight loss so far but frustrating that all my "Cruise clothes" do not fit anymore. Gone from uk 14/16 to 8/10. I have approximately 14 weigh in's before next cruise.

Hayley

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello,

I hope everyone had a good Christmas .I never got back into gear after my trip to Krawcow at he end of Oct. I will rejoin next Saturday and I have five months to the end of May to my cruise so no excuses any more .

I have come to the realisation that eating rubbish upsets my system and makes me feel sluggish so why do I do it to my self ?

Happy New year

Nic

Hi everyone

It was a great Christmas and this has been confirmed by the scales :o. Not going to the club on Saturday as we have two more celebrations this weekend and then it's really back down to it on Monday.

Hayley those results are fantastic so you and Nic have got to shame me into trying harder.

Looking forward to hearing from Hannah on her cruise, need the inspiration of looking forward to the cruise.

It's a bit like being on a merry-go-round for me at the moment, "diet - holiday, diet -Christmas," one step forward then two back!. I know it's wrong to think of it as a diet and it isn't hard when you put your mind to it but it can be a vicious circle:eek:

Anyway lets look forward to a great year with great results. We can and will all do this together. Cathy x

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we got back from our cruise on Sunday and it was absolutely fantastic. The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time......apart from picking up the flu bug a few days before the end of the holiday! Who gets the flu in the Caribbean?!! One lovely person must've brought the bug onboard and given it to everyone else. Thanks very much!

Anyway, we ate and drank far too much but it is a holiday 😉 I did manage to get to the gym a fair bit though (dragged along by my husband to keep him company) so that helped with the overall weight gain. My scales show a gain of 3-4 lbs but I don't really believe that as I was expecting far more! Maybe give it a week for a more realistic figure?

So I'm back on SW now and must admit that it's quite nice to eat healthily after 2 weeks of indulgence! Xx

Hi Hannah Cathy, and Hayley,

Welcome back Hannah glad you enjoyed the cruise except the flu part !

3lbs-4lbs is not a bad gain you will get that off in no time.

I gained 17 lb from end of October to the beginning of January and I do to have an excuse just eat a lot, did I enjoy it no in the end got fed up if food!

Lost 5lb last week though .Only 19 weeks to cruise so at 2lb a week that's 2st 10lb goal. Countdown begins.

Have a good week

Nic :)

Hi girls, great to catch up.

Managed to lose 2.5lbs this week but need to be extra good for the next few days as I'm away on a girly weekend this Friday.

Hannah, really, only 3-4lbs over a 2 week cruise?..... that's not good enough:D. How bad am I going to look when I do the same over a weekend?

So it's roughly 5 months to my cruise and I'm aiming to lose 2.5 stones before then; any tips are most welcome and as they say "watch this space:"

Have a great week everyone

Cathyx

Hi

I managed to get my stone award last night. I should be on track to get to my target/ club 10. Only down side to me loosing my weight is clothes. Dropped from 14/16 down to 8/10. I am having to buy new dresses. At the end on the month I am having a weekend to London, hoping to find new dresses. Approximately 10 weeks until the cruise, so I am now on countdown.

Hayley

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well done Hayley that's a really great result.

Weighed in yesterday rather than Saturday morning and lost 1.5lbs which is okay for 4 days.

Leaving this morning for a weekend with the girls. Aim is to try and be good on the food front and use sins for an extra tipple or two. I intend to do the SP version of slimming world for 4 days next week as there have been some good results on this. Hopefully will still manage a small loss at next weeks club.

How is everyone else doing?

Have a good weekend.

Cathyx

Well done everyone...lots of great losses 😄

I've managed to lose what I put on over Christmas and our NY cruise but I've plateaued a bit now! I really need to have a couple of weeks of being very strict.

Unfortunately it's my birthday next week though........😝🎉

Hi everyone

Well the girl's weekend away was great but took it's toll. I thought I had been reasonably okay but had put on almost 5lbs when I weighed myself on my return:eek:.

Dieted strictly from last Monday onwards and managed to have a maintain at today's weigh-in.

I know I put weight on easily but didn't deserve such a big gain, honestly. Still such is life so onwards and hopefully downwards not upwards!

How is everyone else doing?

I am going to try and make the breakfast pancakes/mixed berries this week for a change instead of usual cereal. I also intend to ditch the bread and make lots of soups, lets see what impact this has. Any tips from anyone to make it a good result next Saturday?

Hannah have a great birthday.

Cathy xx

Hi Cathy,Hannah and Hayley,

I hope you are all well .

Good tip I have for a good weekend is to make sure all meals have at least a 3rd superfree.I have been making lots of veg soup great for cold days like this.

magic porridge is also good.Quaker Mulitgrain porridge in honey, original and fruit are now a healthy B.

I have lost 10LB in the last 3 weeks so happy not weighed in last week as have germs yuk:( hoever will weigh in on Saturday.

Have a good week

Take care

Nicola

Nicola, that's an amazing loss....well done!!!

Cathy, did you end up making the breakfast pancakes and if so, what were they like?!

It's my birthday today and I already had some 'pre-birthday' cake yesterday. Ooops!! 😝

Hannah x

Hi everyone, I'm really glad that we are managing to keep this thread going and that we are all still here to help each other along.

As I've said before I'm not the best of cooks and disorganised is a bit of an understatement. The breakfast pancakes were lovely, also quick and easy to make:D. I made mine without using baking powder and they lasted over two days. I've since read that if you add 1/2 tsp of baking powder they are nice and fluffy and this adds only 1/2 a syn.

Took your advice and also made lots of soups.

Yesterday's meeting had a "taster session" for free food; I made individual quiches that were also a success. Could this mean that eventually I'll be slim and another Nigella Lawson into the bargain:rolleyes:

Weight loss this week was 1.5lbs, was hoping for more but we've still got treacherous snow underfoot so the walking has been minimal. Intend to try and do more over the coming week as it's beginning to clear at last.

Keep up the good work and if you've made something you liked then please pass this on in your post.

Cathy x

Hi everyone

I too do SW, i joined it at the end of Sept and have lost 1stone 9lbs so far. I am going on a cruise next Sunday 15th to the Caribbean and am just hoping I dont put on too many lbs.

Have a good week :)

Hi everyone

I too do SW, i joined it at the end of Sept and have lost 1stone 9lbs so far. I am going on a cruise next Sunday 15th to the Caribbean and am just hoping I dont put on too many lbs.

Have a good week :)

Well done and have a great cruise. Come back and join us when you get back.

Cathy:)