Fair Viewer - Confused

jmak315

Good morning :) I am new to looking at the Fair Viewer and trying to see if we could eventually upgrade to a balcony for a reasonable difference. While checking this morning, I see that there is a sale going on called "More = Merrier for $1,116.00 plus taxes and fees which are currently $398.04 for four people bringing the total for a category IS to $1,514.04.

We are booked in a category 4B right now and, if I understand how this works, the sale I mentioned above is one where Carnival will assign you a room. There is a savings advantage there and we do not care where we are on the ship.

Is this something I can request to take advantage of the savings? Are you allowed to change it again in the future if a balcony becomes available at a rate I am willing to pay later? I appreciate any assistance :)

Just call Carnival, and they will more than likely let you. I was booked in a 4D (not early saver--it was some kind of vacation named sale they had in May--it was past early saver). Anyway, just last week, we were well after final payment and a Past Guest Sale appeared making a guarantee balcony (BL) actually the same price as my 4D (after adding in the higher port fees). I called and no problem, it was changed. Then, later that night, the rates dropped another $20 and I called and they even credited me back to my original card that amount. They said they couldn't do OBC, but will credit my credit card. Wow. I was totally surprised. So, definitely call. It can't hurt and I really think you'll be able to upgrade to the BL.

Edited by nodogkisses