Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

I've checked a few threads and this seems to be the longest stretch of being sold out yet. Best I can tell, they've been gone since 1/22/15.

Has anyone experienced or read of others finding them in stock since 1/22?

Sigh- oh well. I'm still stoked just to be blessed enough to be going on a cruise period.

edit- nope, I see something on 3/1/15 but it was for only one day. Unless I'm reading that wrong.

Got $300 on 2/28. Wish I got more!

I got mine within a week last time!

[emoji572]️ You know you're a cruise addict if:

You know what DOtD and OBC mean.

You enter your bedroom at night and look for the towel animal.

You are reading Cruise Critic, and your cruise isn't for months, or you don't even have one booked (yet!) [emoji572]️

I see that many people have said that the gift cards purchased thru Verizon smart rewards can be applied by your travel agent. But does the agent then not earn any commission on booking your cruise ? On the Verizon site it reads the following

TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR ANY OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD. Digital gift card is NON-COMMISSIONABLE at redemption.

Here is the full text

Carnival Cruise Gift Card $500

Retail Price:$500.00Points:–5,000You Pay: $450.00(10%*Savings)

*Plus shipping and handling

Description

Get ready for a good time on Carnival Cruise Lines! Carnival eGift Cards can be used for almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise,activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

Terms and Conditions

Treat this e-card like cash. E-card recipient bears all risk of loss in the event this e-card, or its information, is lost, stolen, damaged or used without e-cardholder's permission. In no event is CCL Gifts, LLC or any parent, subsidiary or affiliate responsible or required to replace any e-card value. Card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. Complete terms and conditions available at carnival.com/giftcardterms. Use of this e-card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. This e-card does not expire. Digital gift card is non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR ANY OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD. Digital gift card is NON-COMMISSIONABLE at redemption.

Anyone know ?

All I can give you is my experience.

Our summer cruise is booked using a TA, and I have made just about all of my payments using the Verizon gift cards. I ran into a bit of trouble once a while ago with the card number itself. But it was quickly resolved. I call my TA, they call Carnival and have the payment applied, then I get an updated invoice from my TA. Not once have they mentioned they couldn't be used for payment.

Also, the disclaimer you pasted is no longer on the egift cards that have come out since the new year. I looked when I brought ecards back in February and it is not there.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my Carnival gift cards thru Verizon Smart Rewards. But let me tell you ... They were gone QUICK !!!

Here is some advice on how to get them.

1. Stalk the website. Leave the screen open to that page and refresh it periodically to see if you can 'Add to Cart' or if the button says 'Sold Out'.

2. I checked usually many times a day. Only twice have I found them available. Once was late in the evening after 10:30pm and thru that next morning very early. The other time was early this morning, before 7am.

3. Be prepared ahead of time. Know exactly how many you want of each card. Have your credit card ready to complete the order. If you find them available, they will go extremely fast.

4. I think they start loading them ahead of time, so they show available to add to the cart, but once you have them in the cart, you may not be able to complete your order. You may get 'error messages' in red print under the item in the cart (see below on my thoughts on this & more details). If this happens, do not despair !! Continue refreshing your cart every five minutes or so until the error messages go away. This morning it was about 2 hours of refreshing before I could complete my order.

5. When the error messages do go away, complete your order IMMEDIATELY. If they sell out *while* you are entering your address or credit card number, you can get another error message later in the process and you will not be able to finish your purchase.

6. If you are unable to complete your purchase, you can leave the gift cards in your shopping cart for the next time

Error Messages in red print

"Product has been sold out. Please remove it in order to continue checkout."

If you have clicked the 'Add to Cart' button, but get this message once you get to the cart, do NOT delete them from the cart ... This is the time period where I think they are loading the system or whatever, getting the cards ready to be able to complete the purchase. This has happened to me both times I found cards available. The first time, I put them in my cart the night before and the next morning maybe around 6am (maybe it was 7am?) they went live for completion. But I didnt know they could sell out from under me even after they were in my cart. I wasn't fast enough and they all sold out before I could complete my order process. The second time was this morning. I was able to add to cart sometime after 6:00am EST (had just woken up to go to restroom and not sure what time it was). I kept refreshing the cart every 5 minutes or so and as soon as the error message went away and they were live, I completed the order at 8:25am.

"Product has been sold out. Please remove it in order to continue checkout."

If the button on the gift card page shows 'Sold Out' but you have items in your cart, this is the default message. You can leave them in your cart and it will continue to show this message the whole time until the next time the cards are available again.

"Gift Messaging Available"

Your cards are live. Complete your purchase now !!

"Product has only __ inventory quantity. Please lower the quantity in order to continue checkout"

The cards are live, but selling out quickly. Lower your quantity and complete your purchase. This morning, after I was done ordering my gift cards, I went back to the ordering screen to check things out. The $500 cards had already completely sold out that quick from 8:25 when I started entering my credit card info to 8:35 when I was back looking at that screen again. For curiosity sake, I put in $100 cards for a quantity of 100 just to see what the message would say. There were only 76 of the $100 cards available at about 8:35. I kept refreshing and watched the quantity going down. By 8:50, these were all gone too. As soon as they were all sold out, the message went back to the original message (at the top of this list), so I went back to the gift card page and the button had immediately changed back to 'Sold Out'.

angela12345

I was able to (5) $500 cards in my cart 2 days ago but unable to complete the order with this message "Product has been sold out. Please remove it in order to continue check out". So now they just sit in the cart. I check several times a day but no luck. Tried the refresh thing but always get the same message.

angela12345

I was able to (5) $500 cards in my cart 2 days ago but unable to complete the order with this message "Product has been sold out. Please remove it in order to continue check out". So now they just sit in the cart. I check several times a day but no luck. Tried the refresh thing but always get the same message.

Yep, you are falling under the second item in my error message list above. The button on the gift card page shows 'Sold Out' but you have items stlll left in your cart and are getting that message. This is the default message for when they truly are sold out.

They will also use that same message right before they become live and available to purchase when the button on the gift card page shows 'Add to Cart'. Keep checking the gift card page for the button to change to 'Add to Cart'. Once it does that, then go back into the cart and keep refreshing the cart every 5 minutes or so until the cards go live / that error message goes away.

From my reading, it looks like most people have been finding the add to cart button very early in the morning. Both times for me, I saw either late the night before they went live or very early in the morning before they went live. (Both times, the add to cart button was there, but it was a couple hours, or overnight before I could complete the purchase.)

But that doesn't mean some won't also come available in the middle of the day too, I just didn't find any of them.

Edited by angela12345

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all of this. I too went through the exact same thing 2 days ago. I will try to go through the steps you did above and hopefully I can snag a few for a June cruise. Glad to see someone actually made this work! Enjoy your cruise with your savings!