Great Downgrade

renman22

My spouse and I are pretty well traveled cruisers (elite level 4 lines including Azamara and Paul Gauguin). We are finally getting around to Oceania and are very excited about our upcoming cruise. Last week we got an offer from Oceania to downgrade to an deluxe oceanview for a 70% refund. We usually prefer a balcony but this was an offer too good to turn down. It is interesting that we have never had an offer like this on any of our other cruises. I guess I am wondering if this is a common occurrence on Oceania? We were able to keep all our specialty dining reservarions and OBC. It was an incredible deal!

My spouse and I are pretty well traveled cruisers (elite level 4 lines including Azamara and Paul Gauguin). We are finally getting around to Oceania and are very excited about our upcoming cruise. Last week we got an offer from Oceania to downgrade to an deluxe oceanview for a 70% refund. We usually prefer a balcony but this was an offer too good to turn down. It is interesting that we have never had an offer like this on any of our other cruises. I guess I am wondering if this is a common occurrence on Oceania? We were able to keep all our specialty dining reservarions and OBC. It was an incredible deal!

So happy for you. We received a similar but not quite so generous offer for our upcoming cruise next month and were happy to take it. We are pleased with the cabin asked for and received - all the way forward on 6 - where we stayed on our first cruise on the Regatta. Come to think of it, this is almost the exact same itinerary! :D:D

Just had a call from Oceania via our TA with an offer to give up our A2 balcony cabin on the Alaska cruise that sails on August 10th for an oceanview cabin and $1800 refund. After checking with SWMBO, I declined the offer.

Cheers,

Don