Getaway Adult area and pool

Roe-Z

Can someone tell me about the adult pool area. Is there easy access into the pool? Some ships still use the 'ladder' which I can not do. Some RCI ships have half circular steps that walk down into the pool and has a slight drop down in water height; love it!

Does the staff make sure children are not in the adult area? Or, is it like on some ships where kids hang out and no one says anything?

I would love to be able to go in the pool, but like I said, can't do the ladder.

thanks....

I have not sailed Getaway yet, but from what I read on here it seems like the pool is extra crowded and people like to sit all on the sides of it which does make it hard to enter and exit. As far as the steps, that I am unsure of.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been reading about the pool area being too small, but I figured that was the main pool area and with all the 'kids'.

I'm traveling solo and though I don't mind 'people', I was hoping for that 'getaway' area...

thanks all....

The pool is not a zero entry pool. You will have to use a ladder to get into the water. You can sit on the side and dangle your feet, or you can sit in the area surrounding the pool, which will allow your feet to get wet. Tons of people sit here, with their chairs in the water. You will be close with your neighbor for sure.

If you truly want to get away, purchase a VIBE pass. It's totally worth it!

This is a good thing to do however VIBE does not have a pool. Just hot tubs. Is that right? (That's what I've heard)

I like laying by the pool and just getting in to get wet but I don't want my thighs hitting someone's head who's sitting on the side. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for the info, everyone.

getting up and down is still a challenge, so sitting at the pool with my feet hanging wouldn't work.

As for hot tubs, I don't use them.

What is so hard for designers to make easy entry into an adult pool? Not all adults are healthy enough to have the strength to use the ladder or have the mobility to get up and down easily from a sitting position. Unless it's a sturdy lounge chair, I get nervous getting up from one!

The area in which the main pool resides is not adult only, it's only the pool itself that is adult only. Kids are welcome in the area, and in 2 of the 4 hot tubs, just not in the pool itself. They do Nickelodeon games and things right there on the stage.

If you are looking for an adults only area, you would need to check out Vibe (for a fee) or Spice H2O, but neither has a pool.

thanks all...

I was under the impression that there was a separate area for the adult pool and lounge chairs. What is the point of having an adult pool and then having kids running around your 'rest' area?

One of the best areas I've used are on some of the RCI ships. The solarium is for adults and separated from the main pool. And...with half circle steps that walk down into the pool.

This won't be the first cruise I've been on that I didn't get to use the pool, so that's ok...but I was hoping...

Too bad Vibes didn't have a pool!!! I would have paid even more than the $79.00!...:)