current concierge on the Getaway

didugger

We sail on the getaway in September cabin 16120. Does anyone have any experience with the current concierge / butler teams? I was also wondering if I will get an acknowledgment from my pre concierge email. Thanks.

You should receive an email back.give it 48 hours

Thanks so much for the concierge info. As for the pre concierge letter, I think I will call the NCL phone on their introductory email. I contacted them 10 days ago.

Does anyone have any great things to say about Ruth and Noemi ?

Ruth was our concierge on Breakaway' date=' she is very professional and certainly helped make our cruise memorable.[/quote']

Thanks so much. If I understand correctly, the butler reports to the concierge?

I'm so excited but my husband is still skeptical as to weather or not we will really get all of these perks. I'm hoping to prove him wrong.

I'm so excited but my husband is still skeptical as to weather or not we will really get all of these perks. I'm hoping to prove him wrong.

You're welcome. I don't know the official policy on reporting structure, but they certainly communicate with each other.

We too were a bit sceptical about using the "perks"; however, we found as the week went on we became more comfortable asking for help or suggestions from Ruth and her staff or our butler. One of the best things for us was coming back from a long day of sightseeing and having a peaceful dinner in our suite. Great way to end a day :)

You will have a great time. Chain of command doesn't matter unless you have a problem- and you won't!

The steward and butler will work together in the evening preparing your suite. So nice to come back to a freshly turned down room with chocolates and towel animals ( we have 3 kids) .

Noemi is stunningly beautiful, by the way!,

Have a terrific trip

PDW

We had Anoop on our cruise but I believe he has recently moved on to another ship.

Honestly it really doesn't get better than that guy, he was a master of his profession.

I have to agree with you. He fixed our messed up dinner reservations and it allowed all 18 of us in our group to dine together at adjoining tables. We had really botched it for several nights and he fixed everything.

Edited by funat55
typo

Just got off the Getaway last Saturday. We were in 16120 :). I can tell you a few things - 1st - location was the best! Would book that room again hands down! Door is directly across from entrance to Haven lounge and so close to concierge. Perfect location! 2nd - our butler was Armando, super nice and always there to help. He brought us special order breakfast on the menu and remembered little things we asked for even when we forgot to ask. Great trip, great room! Any specific questions feel free to ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the Getaway last Saturday. We were in 16120 :). I can tell you a few things - 1st - location was the best! Would book that room again hands down! Door is directly across from entrance to Haven lounge and so close to concierge. Perfect location! 2nd - our butler was Armando, super nice and always there to help. He brought us special order breakfast on the menu and remembered little things we asked for even when we forgot to ask. Great trip, great room! Any specific questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for the replies!!our cabin. We changed from a Haven Aft Suite to this cabin. We were lucky enough to get in on the Complimentary UDP and UBP deal. We thought this cabin would be more convenient for the UBP. I am so excited about Did you use the self assist disembarkation? We are taking a flight out of Miami that leaves at 11:38. What time do you suggest leaving? Also, did you send a pre-cruise note to the concierge and were your requests taken care of?

Aft Haven cabin downside is it's really far from the Haven amenities - haven't traveled in one but based on having 16120 I think it's a big difference (I know a lot less expensive though). Haven is in the very front of the ship and aft is far!! 16120 is right in the center of everything but also quiet because the way the doors and hallways intersect. You'll get what I mean when you get on. We had a 10:20am flight and made it with a little wiggle room. Yes, the priority debarkation was awesome - she just walked us down and we went straight to baggage claim. - a trick is that there are 2 customs exit areas. The first one is the one you see and it's mobbed with people - there is another one around the corner that's practically empty - look for it or ask someone. Taxi's are easy and you will make it just fine. Btw - woke up in the morning and called Armando and ordered breakfast (anything you want) delivered to our room, ate while getting ready and left our room about 815-830am.

• 2 weeks later...
We sail on the getaway in September cabin 16120. Does anyone have any experience with the current concierge / butler teams? I was also wondering if I will get an acknowledgment from my pre concierge email. Thanks.

Just a last minute inquiry about the Haven. We sail in 3 weeks and I was wondering if anyone who sailed during August has any last minute tips for us. Great food items, fantastic butlers or concierge or problems to be aware of. Thanks