Middle Name on Passport

KellyJ

My middle name is on my passport, but there is not a space for it in the Guest name section in Manage my booking for the Carnival Website.

Does my name on my Boarding pass have to match my passport name exactly? Forgive me if this is a silly question. I Want NO SURPRISES when we get ready to board in 47 days. I can put in in that section but want to do it now.

Thanks.

In a similar vein, my husbands name (Christopher) was apparently too long for Carnivals booking system, per our PVP. On the booking it shows as Christophe - I emailed Carnival to make sure that I would have a problem boarding but they haven't got back to me. With the horror stories I hear about names not matching, I'm worried.

It doesn't help that my PVP is nice, but I've caught her out on a few things she got wrong and she won't admit it (she set our booking to two twin beds and said they would be put together as a king before we boarded - I found the appropriate setting on my booking on carnival.com and changed it myself - that sort of thing).

There must be more than one Christopher that has cruised with Carnival before - anyone able to shed some light?

In a similar vein, my husbands name (Christopher) was apparently too long for Carnivals booking system, per our PVP. On the booking it shows as Christophe - I emailed Carnival to make sure that I would have a problem boarding but they haven't got back to me. With the horror stories I hear about names not matching, I'm worried.

There must be more than one Christopher that has cruised with Carnival before - anyone able to shed some light?

I've had the same issue with Carnival, but with my last name- omitting the last letter. I've never had any issue boarding, and nobody even said something.

When you make an actual reservation on carnival.com or anyonline travel website or thru a PVP, your full name goes into the reservation. The consumer confirmations however only have an 11 character display called a "field".

When you are checking in at the terminal and debarking thru US customs, your entire name shows up as those 2 checkpoints are not doing what they do on a consumer information program.

Both our passports have our full name, but I've never shown more than first name, middle initial, last name in any of our paperwork. Worked just fine for us. NOW, if last name is different there might be a problem. Think that is why people bring certified marriage licenses with them for a newly wed. A friend of ours had to make a fast trip to our Courthouse on a Monday morning to have their son's marriage license recorded and then make the 2 hour trip to the port with a certified copy as that is what Carnival told the couple was needed. They boarded without a problem and never even showed the certificate. At the same time, our first cruise we did not have passports but I did have certified copies of birth certificates AND marriage license in my book. Flipped it open to show and they were not even looked at.

My middle name is on my passport, but there is not a space for it in the Guest name section in Manage my booking for the Carnival Website.

Does my name on my Boarding pass have to match my passport name exactly? Forgive me if this is a silly question. I Want NO SURPRISES when we get ready to board in 47 days. I can put in in that section but want to do it now.

Thanks.

I have my middle name included on my passport since that is how it was on my birth certificate, but I never include it when I book flights or cruises and it's never been an issue. On occasion, I've used my middle initial.

It doesn't help that my PVP is nice, but I've caught her out on a few things she got wrong and she won't admit it (she set our booking to two twin beds and said they would be put together as a king before we boarded - I found the appropriate setting on my booking on carnival.com and changed it myself - that sort of thing).

Yes, I have the same problem. I am a Christopher, but when I travel with Carnival, I get the Christophe. Haven't had a problem yet.

i wish they had a "but you can call me ... " line on the check in --

no one in my family has ever referred to me by my formal first name. My teen kids don't even KNOW my formal first name and it is jarring to be called by my formal first name when i travel.

I usually let the cabin steward know (if we meet them) but they must spend time remembering the names -- cause they always revert back to formal first name.

You won't have a problem at all. :) I sailed twice in 2008 (on the Conquest and Valor) with a friend of mine who's name is Christopher and the booking system did the same thing, had him in there as Christophe. I was a bit worried as well but both times when we got to the port, we had absolutely no trouble boarding. You'll be fine, I promise!! :D