Nativeway fan

rgalpaugh

Just got back from the Conquest in the Caymans. I can't say enough about Nativeway Watersports as a tour provider. I sent an email to their website, got a confirmation, they called me to get the pertinent info, sent instructions, were exactly where they said they'd be when they said they'd be there, were courteous, expert, friendly had first class boats and clean equipment and in the end provided a tour that we really considered to be the highlight of our cruise. We did the Ray, Reef, Rum Point tour and would highly recommend it, but I'd suggest that everything these folks do is first class.

rgalpaugh - We will be in Grand Cayman on the Legend of the Seas in January 2006 and am very interested in booking with Native Ways. However, I noticed their Reef, Rays and Rum Point excursion leaves at 9am. Our ship is in port from 9am to 5pm, so I'm guessing they wouldn't wait for us to get there.

I saw on their website they do private half-day charters. Did they mention anything about it or do you know if the charter boats are real nice? We're hoping we can have a private charter take us to the reef, rays and rum point, just like the other excursion. Our main concern is that we don't want to be at Stingray Sandbar when it's REALLY busy with cruise people. Any advice?

Shannon, I would email nativeway and ask, because Grand Cayman time and ship time SOMETIMES differ. Depends on the ship, but some will have you change clocks to match the island you are visiting and others will keep EST thru the entire cruise. The lady that does the reservations knows what all the ships do (same time or EST) and will advise you.

I am sailing on the Disney Magic in Oct and have the 'Rays, Reef, and Rum Point booked and she was very specific in my email telling me that Disney will have us change our clocks the night before and therefore ship time will match Grand Cayman time with Disney.

hth

Archived