Coral, D704 - Any Experience or Comments

TirNaNog

Good viewing areas on canal day are: open deck space all the way forward on Caribe & Baja decks, horizon court and the Promenade deck at the forward lifts. (This Promenade deck location has restrooms, puts you at a good level when in a lock and allows you to walk quickly from one side of the ship to the other.

Unlike other ships in the Princess fleet, Coral/Island have the buffet all the way forward on Lido deck vs. at the stern.

It has been our favorite ship to date. However, it is a long, narrow ship and you will get your exercise.

Are you looking for ship info or port info?

Enjoy!

Thanks for the information. Although I was focused on the ship and cabin when I first posted, any info on the ports would be appreciated. I already have booked the ferry trip through the rest of the canal for the day we are in Gatum Lake.

We are booked in a Vista Suite, D704 on the Coral Panama Canal Partial Transit. Any comments, experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We had C704 last year which we chose because of the partially covered balcony.

Comments are as follows:

1. D704 has fully covered balcony but you will still get some sun when travelling West.

2. If the layout of D704 is the same as C704, and the bend in the corridor means it will be, then you turn right after entering the cabin to get to the bathroom and bedroom area and the balcony is on your right when you are in bed.

3. Balconies are deep enough for two loungers side by side and the small table between them and plenty of space for a pre-dinner party on formal evenings.

4. Balcony furniture is wood with nice blue removable cushions

5. Afternoon tea on the balcony is a delight.

I'm in this suite in Alaska in May,2015.

Did a minisuite to the Panama Canal in October,2013,same side of the ship and loved that location-very quiet and on Canal morning it was a short walk to the back door viewing area. But we walked all over early that morning from front to back.

Loved the all day ferry trip-hot, sweaty but so interesting-great narration all day. Try to get on as early as you can to get a seat up top under the canopy. Beware of setting things on the deck-even my backpack got soaked through from the wet deck-be careful your passport and other papers don't get wet. I tend to always take my passport with me off the ship just in case something happens.

Thanks again for the additional comments.

I have another question about the Crown, but could not post a new thread because the Forum Tools are not working right now with IPads. With a suite, you get dinner in one of the specialty restaurants on the first night. Any suggestions as to whether Bayou or Sabatini's on Coral is better? Because of the chemo I am on, I am sensitive to hot spicy foods. Are there mild selections in the Bayou? Thanks in advance for any help.

We were in D704 on the Coral a couple of years ago. Descriptions above are correct. The first time we went to the room we couldn't find it because of the bend in the hallway. Be sure to look right just before the hall bends.

The room is very spacious. Great closet space - more than we needed for a 14 day cruise. Living area nice sized and we were able to entertain 3 other couples at once easily. There is both a glass enclosed shower stall as well as a whirlpool tub in the bathroom. I really liked that there was door between the toilet/sink area and the shower/tub. You can enter the bathroom from either by the door to the room or from the sleeping area. There is a curtain that can be pulled to seperate the living area from the sleeping area (in case folks are not on the same sleep schedules.)

Enjoy the Princess Suite experience. We are looking forward to being in this cabin again in mid-January.

The Bayou cafe could be a bit on the spicy side for those unable to eat that. I thought the menu looked better there than at Sabatinis.

Even though we get a free meal at one of those restaurants on embarkation night, I am not that fond of the menu choices in Sabatinis-just my personal opinion.

But if its free,maybe it will taste better??

I think the Crown Grill has a wonderful menu but have not eaten there. I thought that it was worth the extra fee from the choices I saw,so if you are able to get a complimentary meal in the Crown Grill, I would jump at that.