Ship overnight stay in embarkation port, muster drill???

Verfai

Hey all,

Quick question if there is somebody on this board that had an overnight stay of the ship in the port of embarkation?

Our cruise on Serenade has an overnight stay in Barcelona and we would want to take full advantage of it.

However the muster can be downer here as it will be mandatory to stay on the ship till its over (usually around 5pm day one)...Ideal would be to have the muster on day 02 before the ship actually departs imo....However were down to guessing in the roll call on what day it can be.

Thanks!

I am only guessing but I would think it is on day 2 before you sail. Of course, I'm using logic - that being the muster drill takes place before you sail and you're not sailing until day 2. Also there may be people who arrive late that 1st day or don't even show up until day 2.

Marianne

I wonder if there is a good reason. I suspect that if they had to evacuate the ship it might be faster to use the lifeboats than to try and get everyone out down stairs and through a few small doors.

Hey all,

Quick question if there is somebody on this board that had an overnight stay of the ship in the port of embarkation?

Our cruise on Serenade has an overnight stay in Barcelona and we would want to take full advantage of it.

However the muster can be downer here as it will be mandatory to stay on the ship till its over (usually around 5pm day one)...Ideal would be to have the muster on day 02 before the ship actually departs imo....However were down to guessing in the roll call on what day it can be.

Thanks!

No you are allowed off but you have to be back for muster then can go out again

If you get off and miss muster they will send you nasty notes etc making you call to deal with it is all

Just plan around muster

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if there is a good reason. I suspect that if they had to evacuate the ship it might be faster to use the lifeboats than to try and get everyone out down stairs and through a few small doors.

You nearly always need to use the stairs to get to the lifeboats :) unless you are on the deck where they are by coincidence...Plus one side of the ship will be at the port, so lowering lifeboats there will be a bit of a hassle and will probably injure more people when they hit the ground and probably fall over.