Baltics August 13th Tour in St. Petersburg

I've posted this on the Baltic's Board as well.

We'll be in St. Petersburg 17 and 18 August on RSSC Seven Seas Voyager. Is anyone interested in joining us, for one or both days of the below two day tour?
Greg

DAY ONE - 8 HOURS
August 17, Tuesday
08:00 AM - Ship’s Arrival in St Petersburg
09:00 AM - Start from the pier for a city orientation drive (city highlights):
St. Nicholas’s Church, Theatre Square with Mariinsky Theatre, St. Isaac’s Square, Decembrists Square with the Bronze Horseman, Shmidt Bridge, Vassilievsky Island with Arts Academy, Menshikov Palace, University, Kunstkamera, “Strelka” with Stock Exchange and Rostral Columns and with the most beautiful view of Neva Embankments Winter Palace and other buildings of the Hermitage Museum, Twelve Colleges, Palace Bridge, Palace Square with Winter Palace and Alexander Column, Admiralty, Nevsky Avenue, the central street of the city, Smolny Cathedral and Smolny Institute, Shpalernay Street, “Field of Mars”, Troitsky Bridge, Peter’s the Great Cabin, Cruiser “Aurora”.
10:00 AM - Shopping opportunity at the best and biggest souvenir shop RED OCTOBER (vodka, tea/coffee are served with our compliments on your arrival there).
10:30 AM - Drive to the Savior on the Spilled Blood Cathedral
10:45 AM - Flea Market
11:00 AM - Visit to the Savior on the Spilled Blood Cathedral built in 1907 as memorial church to honor Russian Emperor Alexander II murdered on the spot by the terrorists. It is a sample of "Russian style" architecture and decorative art of the edge of the XIX-XX centuries. Mosaic attire of the church (over 7.000 sq. m) was created by the most famous Russian artists of the epoch.

11:20 AM - Drive to St. Isaac’s Cathedral
11:40 AM - Visit to St Isaac's Cathedral (architect Montferrand), one of the finest architectural monuments of the XIX century, the former principal Cathedral of the Russian capital, the largest cathedral in town able to accommodate about 10,000 audience. The cathedral is beautifully decorated inside: marble of 13 colors, malachite, lapis-lazuli, paintings and mosaics made by the most famous Russian artists, impressive stained-glass image of Christ seen through the open doors of the magnificent Icon-Stand.
00:00 PM - Drive to the pier
00:30 PM - LUNCH ON BOARD THE SHIP
01:30 PM - Drive to Peterhof –“Russian Versailles”, official Summer Residence of Russian Tsars
02:30 PM - Stroll through the wonderful “Lower Park” with its 150 fountains, cascades and various pavilions, palaces, among them the small and cozy “Mon Plaisir” of Peter the Great on the very coast of the sea.
03:00 PM - Visit of the Monplaisir Palace, the favorite of Peter I, preserving the memory of the greatest of Russian Tsars and illustrating his private life style.
04:00 PM - Drive back
05:00 PM - Return on board
The per person cost for the full day tour without lunch: is $ 180 pp if you are 3, $ 151 pp if you are 4, $ 122 pp if you are 6 persons, $ 115 pp if you are 7-8, $ 105 pp if you are 10, incl. the comfortable private minivan, services of the highly qualified English speaking guide and entrance fee to the museums as mentioned in the program.

DAY TWO – 8 HOURS
August 18, Wednesday

08:00 AM - Departure for Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin), drive 25km/15 miles south of St. Petersburg
09:00 AM - Arrival in Tsarskoye Selo, official residence of Russian Tsars.
- Stroll in the wonderful Catherine park with beautiful valleys, Cameron Gallery, Agate Rooms etc.
09:30 AM - Visit to the Catherine Palace founded by Peter I for his wife Catherine I and re-built and enlarged for their daughter Empress Elizabeth by Italian architect F.B.Rastrelli; the striking luxury of the interior decoration of the palace was created by the best artists of XVIII and XIX centuries. The most famous Amber Room with the walls paneled with amber was completely lost during the WWII is restored completely (Early admission to the Catherine’s Palace on special arrangement included in the cost)
10:30 AM - Stroll in the beautiful Catherine park with its numerous pavilions and small palaces, ponds and canals, marble statues and monuments.
11:00 AM - Drive back to St. Petersburg
00:15 PM - Lunch at the “Adamant” restaurant Near St. Isaac Cathedral– very good Russian cuisine, pleasant atmosphere, excellent service
Menu suggestion :
 Fish Salad “Ladoga”,
 Russian Soup “Rassolnik” (with pickled cucumbers)
or Russian Cabbage soup “Schi”,
 Fried Pike-Perch
or Beef-Stroganoff
 Dessert of the day
 Coffee / Tea, Mineral water
Price = $ 21 per person
01:00 PM - Drive to the Hermitage
01:30 PM - Tour of the Hermitage Arts Museum
• Excursion to the West-European Masters’ collection (Rembrandt, Rubens, Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael, El Greco, Murillo, Van Dyck etc.)
• Living and gala halls of the Winter Palace,
• French Impressionists and art of XX century.
03:00 PM - Drive to the pier
03:15 PM - METRO RIDE
04:30 PM - Return on board
06:00 PM - Ship’s departure
The per person cost for the full day tour without lunch and Gold Room: is $ 164 pp if you are 3,
$ 149 pp if you are 4, $ 118 pp if you are 6, $ 111 pp if you are 7-8, $ 100 pp if you are 10, incl. the comfortable private minivan, services of the highly qualified English speaking guide and entrance fee to the museums as mentioned in the program.

USNA72

USNA72

My partner and I spent three days in SP in 2003 on Voyager. Fabulous experience. The two-day itinerary you have outlined is the best I've seen. I presume it is Red October. Voyager will offer attractive options using, I suspect, Baltic Travel. But if I were going again this year (we're doing Voyager's 6/27 Norwegian fjord cruise instead), I'd sign on with you.

Patrick

What an outstanding itinerary you've put together. This comes as no surprise!

I am going to be sure to print this out to use, hopefully, in 2005, when we sail to the Baltics on Voyager.

Can't wait to hear about your experiences. Thanks for sharing.

Hello to Gretchen for us!

My wife and I will also be on the Voyager Cruise to St Petersburg on August 17 and 18. The Red October tours are very interesting, particularly the second day. How many others do you have interested in joining you?
Incidentaly Island Cruiser Patrick is a friend of ours, and has enthusiastically recommended this cruise and the tours of St. Petersburg.

Jack

Jack,
Right this minute we have 5 (that's why we're looking for for a few more). My wife and I, our 24 year old daughter and one other couple make up our group. If you might consider joining us feel free to contact me at
[email]lambgdl@c2i2.com[/email] with questions or suggestions.
Greg

USNA72

Greg,

I have tried to e-mail you to the address you sent on 5/9/04 but it will not go through. Is this the right address [email]lambgdl@c212.com[/email] ? We would like to join the day two tour at St Pete's and have some question. My e-mail is [email]jack1482@eathlink.net[/email]

jack

Jack,
I tried to e-mail you but your spam blocker make me request approval from my work address. Try [email]greg.lamberth@epg.army.mil[/email]. Love to have y'all join us. Are you on Voyager, too? Another ship? Or visiting some other way?
Greg

USNA72

There are so many lovely things to do in St. Pete in the evening..wonderful dinners and shows..I suggest you try and do something after a rest on the ship..Ask Laura (Red October) to make some suggestions..we went to a wonderful hotel for a fabulous dinner and local show..

Jan
Cruzunlimited

Archived